Want To Buy Right Handed 404 Jeffries Rifle

Wayne worked on my Ruger RSM in .458 Lott - had some feeding issues, and I had him bed it, gunkoke it, install a new site, jewel the bolt, etc. I can attest that his work is absolutely fantastic. He currently has my CZ in .375 H&H for a #3 upgrade as I write this. Haven't gotten it back yet - but it jammed often and fed terribly before I sent it. I have no doubt it will be smooth as glass when I get it back.
I do hope you realize that was a Cardinal sin to do anything to the fine blue finish on a RSM:eek:

flat8, did Wayne give you any hint as to how long it would take to get your CZ completed?

flat8, did Wayne give you any hint as to how long it would take to get your CZ completed?

I sent it to him in early January. If I recall, he figured it would be 4-6 months or so to do the #3 upgrade.

Action Bob, did your CZ 550 in 404 Jeffery feed right out of the box? Mine was built by their Custom Shop in 2006 and supposedly had Action work as well as the Fancy wood. It does not feed anywhere near reliably. I was able to cycle through 2 out of 8 or possibly more magazine loads without a hitch. Is my best and maybe only recourse to send the rifle off to Wayne at AHR?
I did not buy it new, although it looks largely un-used. It feeds just fine. Holds 5 down.

Lucky you. I wish mine did.
The story I got was that it started life as a 375 H&H as a new gun, it was reworked to 404 Jeff by the CZ custom shop. So I would hope they'd have checked it over. Therefore I guess it is a somewhat custom gun.

Hello all you fine hunters! So, as you may or may not know (and if you don't go look at the hunting report for a laugh) I returned from my first Africa experience last year and I took my CZ-550 .375. Oh man, what a rifle! I had a grand old time but after firing and using the CZ I came down with an odd malady unique to Hunters in Africa...I want something a bit bigger for when I try my hand at dangerous game. Unfortunately my efforts to find one used have proven less than fruitful...to be frank I think someone salted the fields, bought them all and has been keeping them hidden away! So, here is what I'm asking: I'd like to see if anyone here is selling a right handed 404 Jeffrey that is in good working order. I don't care if it's a project gun, as long as it works, shoots well and is within a reasonable price. For comparison I got hold of CZ, and a new one, starting, is around $3.5k. Until I win the lottery that's simply outside of what I can swing, and if I did swing it my wife would swing at me!
So, thank you for reading this and listening, I know the odds are long but hey, you miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take, right?

Thank you all!
Gert Odendaal has many such rifles... I'm sure he will gladly give one to you!!:S Please:

Not Followed this thread.
Here is a nice Ruger 404 on GB . If I were in the US I would jump on it.

1. pix139377992.jpg

2. pix392466957.jpg

3. pix800076116.jpg
Ruger No.1 .404 Jeffery
404 Jeffrey #1 Rare Ruger
Ruger No.1 .404 Jeffery
$2,000.00

Attachments

• pix849888926.jpg
    pix849888926.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 108
  • pix800076116.jpg
    pix800076116.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 84
  • pix392466957.jpg
    pix392466957.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
  • pix139377992.jpg
    pix139377992.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross