Marcos Rodriguez

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Hi !
Yesterday night was a vizcacha nigth!...
My neighbour has some caves in your property and I go when the climate are god to do this type of hunt!...
This time, I use the .308 and subsonic loads, 190 gn lead bullets and 6 gn of Red Dot powder
One male shot down by my son Manuel, and two hunted by me, and we return to home for diner
In some post I decribed this challenging an exciting hunt, very smart and suspicious animal, with night habits, I use a red led flashlight because they run with the normal light
Very good hunt, one shot missed, the following three, headshots...
Awesome!

I had too look up what a vizcacha/viscacha is, but it sounds like a fun type of hunt. Congratulations.

I had too look up what a vizcacha/viscacha is, but it sounds like a fun type of hunt. Congratulations.
Sorry man! I not take pictures this time!
But I promise to take any and film the hunt, if i could do it
There are some post, from myself, watch any of this if you wont!

Looks a bit like Caddy Shack's best supporting actor. ;) Bet it would be an interesting hunt.

viscacha.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a bit like Caddy Shack's best supporting actor. ;) Bet it would be an interesting hunt.

View attachment 436090

This is a "pilquin"... a variety of vizcacha parental of the "chinchilla" who lives in the mountains, they have daylight habits...
The vizcacha sleep at day, and leave the caves at the night

10 to 12 pounds I think. But I have never seen a live one. Not as big as a mara or a paca but bigger than most other cavies.

And you need a .308 for this?

Are they a pest or do you eat them?
NO, really not haha
The old and trusty 22LR are more than sufficient to do the job
But... I love to hunt them with the 308 and subsonic charges!... Around 1000 fps speed
Lead Cast bullets ... very fun, and less destructive effects than the "normal" 308 bullets
The meat are great!... Yes, we eat them...

look sort of similar to a springhare in SA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg