Virgin Atlantic

norfolk shooter

AH legend
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
2,124
Reaction score
3,533
Location
Norfolk, UK
Media
22
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo, Eastern Cape
Hello all,

Just wondered if any of you guys or gals for that mater have flown Virgin with firearms??

Many thanks :P Pilot:
 
Not on topic but, weren't these guys one of the first to jump on the ban trophy transport band wagon?
 
I'd find someone else to fly with, they don't allow firearms or ammo in checked baggage without having to jump through extra hoops.
 
I know British Airways is pain in the backside. Or so I've heard.
 
Sir dipshit I mean Richard Branson is a big time antihunter. He is the CEO of Virgin.
 
I must say that the website make them seem rather friendly for firearms. Who do you guys use?
 
I used BA last year, direct flight to Joburg from Heathrow. BA may be anti too, but if you're in the UK, your choices may be limited.
 
I used BA last year, direct flight to Joburg from Heathrow. BA may be anti too, but if you're in the UK, your choices may be limited.

How did you find them?? I dont like the thought of paying them an extra £100 to take my rifle and ammo!! I feel SAA being the better option
 
Honestly BA was what I'd expect from having flown them many times as a kid ( Mum is from Belfast). But contrary to some, I've also flown on SAA and thought they were better than Lufthansa.
 
I flew SSA last May from the US to SA and was impressed with the service both on and off of the plane. For seating room and meal service I had no complaints. I am 6'4" and could almost stretch out a little in the seats. I had read a lot of bad reviews on SSA but I had no complaints with my flight down and then back to the US.
 
Not on topic but, weren't these guys one of the first to jump on the ban trophy transport band wagon?

With Branson as the owner I'm sure. Very anti hunting of course and thinks all African animals should just be at Shamwari for his viewing pleasure.
 
Honestly BA was what I'd expect from having flown them many times as a kid ( Mum is from Belfast). But contrary to some, I've also flown on SAA and thought they were better than Lufthansa.

But with firearms??
 
I flew SSA last May from the US to SA and was impressed with the service both on and off of the plane. For seating room and meal service I had no complaints. I am 6'4" and could almost stretch out a little in the seats. I had read a lot of bad reviews on SSA but I had no complaints with my flight down and then back to the US.

+1
 
But with firearms??

Yes, a bit of paperwork to do here in Phoenix, Arizona on the way out and in Joburg on the way back. But other than that, no issues.

I know an American booking agent who uses BA exclusively. Only complaint would be the old 747's they use.
 
Yes, a bit of paperwork to do here in Phoenix, Arizona on the way out and in Joburg on the way back. But other than that, no issues.

I know an American booking agent who uses BA exclusively. Only complaint would be the old 747's they use.

Any extra charges??
 
I know British Airways is pain in the backside. Or so I've heard.

I had zero issues with BA.
Tell them the info on what you are taking along beforehand and that was it.
Firearms were at the destination without any issues.
Both directions.
 
Brickburn when did you fly with them ol' chap. PS I love your picture
 
What @BRICKBURN said, there was some extra fees....$150 maybe. Added to the ticket cost, it was still the best way for me to go.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,229
Members
169,972
Latest member
Samara60I
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top