Videotaping safaris

Fire652

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
170
Reaction score
170
Location
Zanesville, oh
Media
30
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
P&y, nwtf
I am looking for opinions on this. For those that have videotaped your safari are you happy that you did or would the money have been better spent in another trophy fee? For those that have not but have gone on safari do you wish you had?
 
I had a few hunts video'ed. The discs are nice to watch, and bring back some great memories, but it wasn't cheap. In hindsight, the only one I would do over with certainty would be a hunt with my youngest boy. We had a month in South Africa and Namibia when he finished college, and we will never get the much time together again. I am glad we had it filmed, and I believe his is as well. I believe - hope? - that the older he gets, the more he will value the video.

So especially if it's special occasion, I would go for it.

Otherwise, it's a matter of budget.
 
Mostly agree with Hank. If you are with a son or other close family member. The situation he describes, with a son that is a fresh college grad, one month safari in 2 countries! Probably could not be better time to pay for professionally made video!!!
 
Thanks for the replies. That would be great to spend that much time in Africa. Hopefully when My children are older we can do that. I gto to spend a month with my dad in Alaska (fishing) and I remember it everyday.
 
@iGala Productions here, is a sponsor. Contact them. I have had a few safaris filmed, and majority of the crews that I have worked with was very professional. You let them know exactly how much or how little you want them to film. It is not a case where they are always in your face. They work in the background, and most of the time, you don't even know that they are there.
 
@iGala Productions here, is a sponsor. Contact them. I have had a few safaris filmed, and majority of the crews that I have worked with was very professional. You let them know exactly how much or how little you want them to film. It is not a case where they are always in your face. They work in the background, and most of the time, you don't even know that they are there.
Thank you Marius. Yes we would be happy to film your safari and capture those memories. PM me if you would like me to send you a quote sir. It is definitely worth it to have it done professionally. There are a number of clients on AH that we have filmed in the past and they are all very happy that they decided to do it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,479
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top