Current Vaccine Card & Masks Requirements RSA?

Dakota Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Are there any requirements for Covid Vaccination Cards or Masks flying into Johannesburg any more, or flying back into the states ?

No requirements for coming in to SA. Not sure what the US requires

Just a passport, just got back no restrictions.

None to and from Europe either. The administration also finally lifted the requirement for foreign nationals legally entering the country.

Neither is required on either side of the pond anymore.

If you would like to debate policy please head to FB and share your rant there.

Thank you guys for the responses . We leave Friday . Anything special to know about flying with firearms on Delta ?

Thank you guys for the responses . We leave Friday . Anything special to know about flying with firearms on Delta ?
Right behind you Dakota, leaving Sunday for RSA on Delta. Here's what I've been told beyond what their site says. Lock every place there is a hole for a lock on your gun case, don't exceed 11lbs of ammo (including case), returning from SA you cannot keep ammo and firearms in the same lockbox (that one is actually on their site), keep customs forms handy for the return flight (I've been told multiple copies are helpful, one with you, one in the lockbox with the firearm), and allow extra time for declaration of the firearm/ammo when checking the bag(s). I've also been told make sure to allow extra time for connections upon return so you can clear customs and make your next flight if you have one. Not sure if any of that was helpful or new information to you, just info I've heard and read from others going to and from SA on Delta. I'm a first timer so take my advice with a huge grain of salt!

Right behind you Dakota, leaving Sunday for RSA on Delta. Here's what I've been told beyond what their site says. Lock every place there is a hole for a lock on your gun case, don't exceed 11lbs of ammo (including case), returning from SA you cannot keep ammo and firearms in the same lockbox (that one is actually on their site), keep customs forms handy for the return flight (I've been told multiple copies are helpful, one with you, one in the lockbox with the firearm), and allow extra time for declaration of the firearm/ammo when checking the bag(s). I've also been told make sure to allow extra time for connections upon return so you can clear customs and make your next flight if you have one. Not sure if any of that was helpful or new information to you, just info I've heard and read from others going to and from SA on Delta. I'm a first timer so take my advice with a huge grain of salt!
You’ve learned well…..

Add a dose of patience at times on both ends, but it’ll all happen.

Enjoy your trip.

No masks, no vaccine requirements leaving from USA to RSA or returning.

Firearms requirements are simple. Unloaded and locked in it's case, with keyed locks (not TSA) in every available shackle on the case. Ammo locked in a separate box in your checked bag with a TSA lock. Have your SAPS forms ready to go for RSA. It's advisable to use a permit expediter in RSA. Have your 4457 ready for returning. Keep copies of everything.

Ammo weight should be under 11 lbs but there's really no need for more than 40 rds anyway and it should be under 11 lbs. The one we constantly saw, over and over again, was people with ammo in with the firearm. They were all locked it seemed but we just couldn't understand why people kept doing this. For starters, their cases were close to if not over 50 lbs with the ammo. Second, why even tempt a problem?

If you're connecting somewhere in the USA coming back from RSA, depending on the airport, you might spend a while in customs. We saw people miss their connecting flight coming back from RSA in Newark because the CBP checked every single last one of people's 4457's. We had a delay of 3 hours as it was and their connecting flight was leaving in an hour as they were waiting for their 4457 to be checked. It was our home destination so it didn't matter for us. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare have a connecting flight to or from without a 6-8 hour window.

Good luck and enjoy.

They will ask to see and spray your hunting boots in Atlanta coming home when your getting your rifle checked.
Just make sure you packed them on top.

A lot of signage stating "masks required beyond this point" haven't yet been removed, but only a few stalwarts still wearing them Europe and Africa. I took my card just in case....no one wanted it..................have a great hunt............FWB

A lot of signage stating "masks required beyond this point" haven't yet been removed, but only a few stalwarts still wearing them Europe and Africa. I took my card just in case....no one wanted it..................have a great hunt............FWB

Signs for anything over this side don't get taken down/removed....they just fade and fall off over the years....

Any body flown Qatar to Zimbabwe since Zim removed the covid restrictions on the 10th of May. We leave on the 14th and I don't want to waste the money on a test if its not necessary but I also don't want to get to the airport need one either. Qatar Airways policy has not been updated on thier website since July of 22.
We are 14 days out and I'm still waiting to get my confirmation email for checking my firearms too. I sent that email last Tuesday and waited the 72 hours and then called, they said wait another 72, which is today and I still haven't heard anything.

Any body flown Qatar to Zimbabwe since Zim removed the covid restrictions on the 10th of May. We leave on the 14th and I don't want to waste the money on a test if its not necessary but I also don't want to get to the airport need one either. Qatar Airways policy has not been updated on thier website since July of 22.
We are 14 days out and I'm still waiting to get my confirmation email for checking my firearms too. I sent that email last Tuesday and waited the 72 hours and then called, they said wait another 72, which is today and I still haven't heard anything.
I take it you decided to do this without benefit of a travel agent? Only reason I bring it up is that Gracy at least is very effective working that sort of thing with airlines. Shawn, and I am sure Travel Express as well, has always managed those approvals, including Qatar and Emirates, painlessly and promptly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg