Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada (British Columbia, Alberta), Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Limpopo, North Cape), USA
I'm hoping to use a locked Pelican case for my ammunition, seperate from the guns of course. I'll be flying a combination of Air Canada and SAA, from what I can tell, I'm in accordance however I've recently heard rumours of metal cases being required. Any thoughts?

As far as I know, you will be fine with a Pelican as it is lockable and not easily broken into.

Another piece of advice off topic would be to avoid Air Canada if you can. I don't know about you, but I really object to the extra fee they charge - both ways - for your firearm. I will not pay it and I have always been able to find a flight with another airline that does not penalize hunters with rifles. :mad:

Hey Ardent. I was in Africa recently and I flew SAA with a pelican case for both my rifles and ammunition. Absolutely not a problem.

I use a small Pelican case for my ammo (with padlocks) and put it in my checked baggage. No problem on AA and Quatar Air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.