Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
The kids had a long weekend break from school. Erik @gizmo & I had been eyeballing this weekend for a good while, with fingers crossed that with all that’s going on in the world, that I could get my daughter back out to the Rockin G Ranch. Fortunately, no bogeys.... so we were able to head out west. This is typically a shoulder month in Texas.... weather is historically beautiful... sunny pleasant afternoons & cool calm mornings. Well as luck would have it, it was 100 degrees days with 40 mph wind. Not the exact recipe for a successful hunt. Nevertheless, we had a great time as always. Lots of fun & laughs. My daughter was able to connect with her crossbow on a couple of management does. We got to spend a lot of time glassing. Her wish/hit list is growing every time we go out there! Here are some pictures from the weekend. I hope y’all enjoy!

Take care & keep safe y’all!

BWH

IMG_2184.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2243.JPG
Image1602607860.126303.jpg
Image1602607901.237228.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job. Looks like some excellent memories for you and your daughter. Congrats to her on her deer.
Bruce

Reactions: BWH
Awesome stuff there man!

Always great to see someone fostering along the next generation of hunters..

Even better when its a dad being able to spend that sort of time with a daughter..

Great stuff!

Holy cow is she grown since the last pics I remember! Good job!

Congrats to the young lady and proud father !

Holy cow is she grown since the last pics I remember! Good job!

Yessir.....they are growing up fast! I know that I won’t always have this opportunity, so as long as she’s got the interest & desire, then I’m taking her!

Does she hunt with a rifle too?
She doesn’t look that big can she draw a crossbow easily?
We can’t have crossbows in Australia and I like my rifles anyway so just curious.

Does she hunt with a rifle too?
She doesn’t look that big can she draw a crossbow easily?
We can’t have crossbows in Australia and I like my rifles anyway so just curious.

Yessir she hunts with my rifles, she has also has a 20 gauge shotgun that is designed for smaller shooters. The crossbow is pretty much just like shooting a firearm, once it’s drawn/cocked.... there’s a rope device that assist along with me, with that.

You made my day with that report. Rough week as a high school teacher with kids in school and online...but I whine... I needed that little ray of sunshine.

You made my day with that report. Rough week as a high school teacher with kids in school and online...but I whine... I needed that little ray of sunshine.

Teachers, LEO, Military & First responders are our hero’s..... I know that our time is precious, soon it will be high school & college activities. I figure I have to stack days like this like cord wood while I can!

Heck yeah man! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

What an absolutely grand time! Congratulations to the young huntress!

It was so good to see you both. Absolutely love having her at the ranch. I know you don’t need me to tell you, but I really appreciate getting to watch that sweet girl grow up with her Dad investing time and energy to get her outside and enjoying what we are all passionate about. Young people like her are why we do what we do. As a community here on AH, I believe we do that as well as any group of outdoorsmen/women in the world. I’ve been blessed to see so many kids go on their first hunt and experience the sense of awe and wonder that we all feel at seeing how great this world is when you put down your phone and look around. I love being a small part of the process that it takes to get our kids fired up to be hunters. Best part of my job. So from me personally and from all of us at the Rockin G, THANK YOU AH

It was so good to see you both. Absolutely love having her at the ranch. I know you don’t need me to tell you, but I really appreciate getting to watch that sweet girl grow up with her Dad investing time and energy to get her outside and enjoying what we are all passionate about. Young people like her are why we do what we do. As a community here on AH, I believe we do that as well as any group of outdoorsmen/women in the world. I’ve been blessed to see so many kids go on their first hunt and experience the sense of awe and wonder that we all feel at seeing how great this world is when you put down your phone and look around. I love being a small part of the process that it takes to get our kids fired up to be hunters. Best part of my job. So from me personally and from all of us at the Rockin G, THANK YOU AH

Thank you Justin! @Rafter JK the Rockin G is a special place. The crew of you, Erik, Bruce, Kelly & company are hard to beat. It’s truly a great Texas experience.....great food, hospitality,incredible animals,crazy weather, beautiful & harsh range....it has it all. We are grateful for @gizmo & the crew for having us out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.