USA: Alaska Interior Grizzly Hunt With Alaska Challenge Guide Service

Congrats on your griz. A real old timer on his way out. Sounds like a hunt that can beat you up a bit. I enjoyed reading about it.
Bruce

Thanks Bruce, I guess I’m getting old and feeling my age - especially in the cold weather. This is a real adventure and I encourage anyone who wants a big grizz to contact Craig Hill, he’s the man.

Congratulations, well done. Thanks for the report.

In cold like that, you know you earned your bear! Congratulations! It's surprising how hot those tents get even in the brutal cold! Awesome hunt and excellent report! Bears are one of my favorite quarry though I've never had the fortune to go after a large brown or grizzly. I will have to live vicariously through reports like yours for now.

Awesome hunt and story. Thank you for posting.

Congrats on a grand old griz and thanks for sharing your story.

Why is it that a hunter who snores badly will fall asleep before anyone else in camp? You may try going to your bed early, or have a couple of stiff drinks, or a sleeping pill. No matter: do your damndest to fall asleep before him....but oh no..........as soon does he closes his eyes, the snoring starts up. (These guys apparently have no life troubles to ruminate over.) Soft at first, like a cat purring.....progressing rapidly to chain saw sounds, and even sounds inhuman. Hunted with two such guys .......in one wall tent, they seemed to feed off of each other making a kind of symphony from Hell. The last few years I took Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones to camp. Anyway, congrats on your hunt. I liked that you discussed both the ups and downs of hunting. It isn't always smooth. You persevered and got a fine bear....well done...FWB

Why is it that a hunter who snores badly will fall asleep before anyone else in camp? You may try going to your bed early, or have a couple of stiff drinks, or a sleeping pill. No matter: do your damndest to fall asleep before him....but oh no..........as soon does he closes his eyes, the snoring starts up. (These guys apparently have no life troubles to ruminate over.) Soft at first, like a cat purring.....progressing rapidly to chain saw sounds, and even sounds inhuman. Hunted with two such guys .......in one wall tent, they seemed to feed off of each other making a kind of symphony from Hell. The last few years I took Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones to camp. Anyway, congrats on your hunt. I liked that you discussed both the ups and downs of hunting. It isn't always smooth. You persevered and got a fine bear....well done...FWB
That is a very true observation. My Father is a snorer and he goes to bed at like 8 so sleep earplugs it is! Plus, when you are tent hunting, there is no getting away from it even if the tent is across camp!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Jeez FWB, you sound just like my hunting buddies! Lol

@FWB and @ChrisG you guys crack me up because y’all have been there. I’ve tried every trick in the book and nothing ever works. By about the 3rd or 4th night I am usually so exhausted I pass out for a few hours.

@FWB and @ChrisG you guys crack me up because y’all have been there. I’ve tried every trick in the book and nothing ever works. By about the 3rd or 4th night I am usually so exhausted I pass out for a few hours.

Some guys I worked with in Cheyenne had a snorer in their goose shack. One of the guys threw a boot at him. Broke the guys nose!

Some guys I worked with in Cheyenne had a snorer in their goose shack. One of the guys threw a boot at him. Broke the guys nose!
I’ve done that as well, never broke a nose though. Usually, they stop for a split second after you hit them then they crank up again.

I’ve done that as well, never broke a nose though. Usually, they stop for a split second after you hit them then they crank up again.

LOL, this poor guy didn’t dare go back to sleep for fear of the next boot.

LOL, this poor guy didn’t dare go back to sleep for fear of the next boot.
Damn, you had me literally LOL when I read your post!

Reactions: WAB
Fantastic!
Thanks for sharing!
Congrats!

Congratulations & thank you for sharing!

What a hunt...I would have to be at least 20 years younger, maybe more to accomplish what you did.

Try this, walk over to his bunk, throw off his blanket, when he wakes up and looks at you show him a jar of Vaseline, shrug and walk back to your bunk. I guarantee he’ll sit up and watch you sleep all night.

Try this, walk over to his bunk, throw off his blanket, when he wakes up and looks at you show him a jar of Vaseline, shrug and walk back to your bunk. I guarantee he’ll sit up and watch you sleep all night.

In this day and age I’d be cautious with that tactic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg