US Passport Update

Well, you have to consider who you're dealing with. Even in the best of times you should allow a year for a new one or renewal. Murphy is in permanent residence when dealing with the feds.

I have renewed my passport as has my daughter multiple times and it has never taken over 4 weeks. more often than not we have expedited and had back in 2-3 weeks. Very disappointing! I now have an opportunity to go to Botswana and no passport! Even Zambia or Namibia may be a possibility this fall!

I have renewed my passport as has my daughter multiple times and it has never taken over 4 weeks. more often than not we have expedited and had back in 2-3 weeks. Very disappointing! I now have an opportunity to go to Botswana and no passport! Even Zambia or Namibia may be a possibility this fall!

Agreed, before COVID-19, you were almost certain to have your passport, new or renewed, in six to eight weeks. Gov't or not, it wasn't that long of a process and no one would expect it to take longer than that, certainly not up to six months to a year.

The Philly location has done well by me. I've had one new and one renewal, standard application and no more than four weeks for both.

Once all of this is done and over and things are close to being normal people will learn not to wait to get things done that can be done ahead of time.

On my last trip out of the US my passport was still good for the trip plus but I decided to renew it close to a year before it expired.

I have friends who will wait until the last second to do anything. I on the other hand like to get things taken care of and then sit back and watch all the others scrambling around like a bunch of ants who just had their nest disturbed trying to get things done

Once all of this is done and over and things are close to being normal people will learn not to wait to get things done that can be done ahead of time.

On my last trip out of the US my passport was still good for the trip plus but I decided to renew it close to a year before it expired.

I have friends who will wait until the last second to do anything. I on the other hand like to get things taken care of and then sit back and watch all the others scrambling around like a bunch of ants who just had their nest disturbed trying to get things done

Yeah, well, hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? If you would have told the forum back in February or early March that it would take many months for a passport renewal you'd have been laughed out of this place. You obviously made a good call renewing early, but many of us who sent in renewals in March had no clue what was coming. I don't see sending in renewals 6 months early as "waiting until the last second".

Yeah, well, hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? If you would have told the forum back in February or early March that it would take many months for a passport renewal you'd have been laughed out of this place. You obviously made a good call renewing early, but many of us who sent in renewals in March had no clue what was coming. I don't see sending in renewals 6 months early as "waiting until the last second".

Ours expire in mid April 2021, our trip is in mid May 2021. Mailed our packets on May 20th. Pretty much eleven months in advance. COVID-19 or not, I would have sent them in just as I did as I know how the gov't works, but even then, I would have expected them back in under three months and I would have been fine with that.
Now, mid May 2021 seems like we may be cutting it close.

That's great news! I just checked mine, still "IN PROCESS" but you've given us hope. :D

Mine is "In Process" also. At least it didn't get lost in the shuffle.

It amazes me how they have nobody to process these, but evidently have no problem finding someone to process the payments they are recieving

I can understand my processing location, Philadelphia, PA. Because of the virus situation, it's still not in full operation, a modified green stage.

It amazes me how they have nobody to process these, but evidently have no problem finding someone to process the payments they are recieving
It only takes one person to process the payments and to throw the application into a file with several thousand others

Mine is still "In Process"

Got this email yesterday.

Application Status: In Process

Your application is "In Process" which means your form(s) and supporting documents are with the Department of State. We will review your application as our staff return to our agencies and centers as part of our three-phase reopening plan.

At this time, we cannot provide an update on when you will receive your passport and the return of your citizenship documents. We plan to offer normal processing times in phase three of our reopening plan. For more information, read our COVID-19 update.

The Philly location has done well by me. I've had one new and one renewal, standard application and no more than four weeks for both.

Same for me, two renewals, both have been just a few weeks.

I have helped a ton of people get a passport in a couple of days, it is a very common ask of members of Congress.

Got this email yesterday.

Application Status: In Process

Your application is "In Process" which means your form(s) and supporting documents are with the Department of State. We will review your application as our staff return to our agencies and centers as part of our three-phase reopening plan.

At this time, we cannot provide an update on when you will receive your passport and the return of your citizenship documents. We plan to offer normal processing times in phase three of our reopening plan. For more information, read our COVID-19 update.
I received the same today.

We got both of our kids passports applications turned in the last week of May. They both came the first week of July. So five or six week turn around.

Reactions: jpg
Sent mine in in early April.

Received this notice today.

IMG_20200720_110805.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg