US Passport Update

Got my PP yesterday, and I applied back in May, 4 months of waiting. I guess the PP office are open and back to work. :)

I sent my renewal into the Philly office on Sept. 11, got an email on Dec. 8 stating that my application had been approved and that they were in the process of printing my passport. Later that same day I got another email stating that my passport had been mailed from the Arizona office and that I should receive it in a few days. That was wishful thinking. I tracked it as far as the post office in Harrisburg, PA, it arrived there on Dec 12 and hasn't moved since. Harrisburg is only a few miles up the road from my house that's the real rub. Today I filed a lost package claim with the USPS and we'll see where that gets me.

I sent my renewal into the Philly office on Sept. 11, got an email on Dec. 8 stating that my application had been approved and that they were in the process of printing my passport. Later that same day I got another email stating that my passport had been mailed from the Arizona office and that I should receive it in a few days. That was wishful thinking. I tracked it as far as the post office in Harrisburg, PA, it arrived there on Dec 12 and hasn't moved since. Harrisburg is only a few miles up the road from my house that's the real rub. Today I filed a lost package claim with the USPS and we'll see where that gets me.
I bet it's still there. From what I've seen, heard and so far this season experienced, USPS is overloaded in in somewhat of a disarray. I mailed a priority small box on December 11 and it finally got scanned in at Philly distribution center on the 20th. Distance was 30 miles.

Good ole post office. Is it any wonder why most people use FedEx!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 1.57.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 1.57.03 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 154
Here ya go! Could be a p.o. distribution center near you. Constipation is a good word for it.

What a disaster! I mailed a standard sized letter envelope “Certified Mail” (w/tracking number) from CO to AZ on 12-14, and the recipient didn’t receive it until 12-24. Wonder what other bills, payments, etc. are floating around in the mail delivery system from weeks ago? I’m talking envelopes not boxes!

I try to avoid the USPS as much as possible anymore. Even when you expect a package from FedEx or UPS you find that they have turned it over to USPS for delivery in my area which adds at least 2 days to the shipping.

Unbelievable I got my old cancelled passport back in the mail today. But no sign of my new one.

I'm glad I came across this thread. My son and I have a trip scheduled in Sept 2021 to Tanzania and need to renew ours. Better get on this on Monday.

Yay! My new passport arrived in the mail this afternoon, only a couple of weeks late.

I bet it's still there. From what I've seen, heard and so far this season experienced, USPS is overloaded in in somewhat of a disarray. I mailed a priority small box on December 11 and it finally got scanned in at Philly distribution center on the 20th. Distance was 30 miles.
The only thing less efficient than the USPS shipping is their tracking system.

They were terrible before covid and now they have an excuse to be lazy and inefficient. I've been paying extra for any carrier besides USPS for anything I care at all about receiving

I sent a package from the USPS at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks CT to an State office address in Hartford CT recently, a distance of 9 miles. I would have delivered it by hand but Covid has closed the office but mail room was open. It took 18 days. I sent a package via "ground" from FedEx office at Bradley at 5:00pm to a small town in Georgia. Took 3 and a half days. I sent our passport renewals by mail and I am more than concerned about their arrival before our trip. Good old USPS and we are spending how many billions to bail them out?

Its amazing in that if you throw a plain old letter in the mail with a stamp on it, it likely will be anywhere in the US in a week or less. Put Priority on it or registered or any upgrade and all bets are off!
I only upgrade so I have tracking, otherwise if its not that important I just mail it normal with a stamp.
Pretty sad really.

Mailed a bill from NV to Phoenix on12-11 that was due on 12-17 and it didn't get there until 12 -21. They charged me late fees and interest. I called the company and they refused to waive the charges.
Postal incompetence and inefficiency cost me a bunch.

Mailed a bill from NV to Phoenix on12-11 that was due on 12-17 and it didn't get there until 12 -21. They charged me late fees and interest. I called the company and they refused to waive the charges.
Postal incompetence and inefficiency cost me a bunch.
Crazy!

And that is one reason that I either pay everything that I can by CC, or direct withdrawal from a checking account that I have set up just for that reason.

I can't remember the last time that I actually wrote a check to pay a bill and sent it through the USPS.

I am applying for my passport for the first time in the next 1-2 weeks. Can I expect to get my passport before June 2021?

I am applying for my passport for the first time in the next 1-2 weeks. Can I expect to get my passport before June 2021?

If you have never had one before I think that I would pay the extra fee to expedite it.

You should be alright but if you have a trip coming up in June I wouldn't chance it and I would get the application in as soon as possible.

And that is one reason that I either pay everything that I can by CC, or direct withdrawal from a checking account that I have set up just for that reason.

I can't remember the last time that I actually wrote a check to pay a bill and sent it through the USPS.
+1! I only send USPS MOs when I’m buying a firearm or ammo on GB and the seller requires it. I learned the hard way last March when sending one without a tracking number. It was “lost” in USPS mail delivery nightmare. After 9 days, the seller hadn’t received it, so I had to cancel the MO and get a new one. The seller received the new one before the original one, which arrived 14 days from when I first mailed it! The original Pony Express couldn’t have been any slower!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross