Unusual 'bone-eaters'

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
15,386
Reaction score
58,048
Media
141
Articles
35
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
elephant
d.jpg

warthog
h.jpg

giraffe
fb.jpg

baboon
fhm.jpg
 
Observe,

You certainly come up with the unique. Always fun to see the photos you post.

All the best.
 
ha ha , the elephant reminds me of the one in GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE playing fetch.
the giraffe photo is a trophy
 



Watched this guy gnawing on a bone in the Kalihari.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1818_zps10b39c5f.jpg
    IMG_1818_zps10b39c5f.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 215
!
 
At home here we have all form of rodents doing it. From mice to porcupines.
Plenty of carnivores eating the raw ones obviously.
It is obviously a concentrated source of minerals.

I have not seen pictures of Elephants actually gnawing on the bones, but moving them around and sorting/touching/playing with other Elephant bones.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,729
Members
169,130
Latest member
Keeley23F1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top