UGANDA: Epic Safari With JKO HUNTING SAFARIS

Thanks for sharing. That waterbuck is also a tank - great mass at the bases,too.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Do you plan on going back to Uganda for future trips or exploring other countries you haven’t been to yet?
Hi @wsv, I will go back to Uganda, probably in 2025 or 2026. Right now I am planning a trip to Zimbabwe for 2024.

A well deserved Waidmannsheil @Houston Bill ! Some amazing impala trophies taken, I like all of them!
And a very nice Daggaboy as well. Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this up and share with us, I felt like I was there with you.

As you took the initial shot with the .375 scoped bolt action, instead of the double rifle you intended to use. Would you now also change tactics for a future safari, and rely more on a scoped bolt action, instead of the double? Just like many others here, I'd love to one day take DG with a double rifle, but when you end up on the last days of the hunt and the only available shot is a rather long one, I'd feel quite bad if I only had a double rifle available. In any case very good thinking to have a tracker carry the 375 RUM with you, just in case.

A well deserved Waidmannsheil @Houston Bill ! Some amazing impala trophies taken, I like all of them!
And a very nice Daggaboy as well. Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this up and share with us, I felt like I was there with you.

As you took the initial shot with the .375 scoped bolt action, instead of the double rifle you intended to use. Would you now also change tactics for a future safari, and rely more on a scoped bolt action, instead of the double? Just like many others here, I'd love to one day take DG with a double rifle, but when you end up on the last days of the hunt and the only available shot is a rather long one, I'd feel quite bad if I only had a double rifle available. In any case very good thinking to have a tracker carry the 375 RUM with you, just in case.
Thanks for the kind comments. I learn ed something today as well! I did not know what Waidmannsheil meant so I had to look it up. The trophy quality where we were hunting in Uganda was better that I expected it to be so I was very pleased.

Hi @wsv, I will go back to Uganda, probably in 2025 or 2026. Right now I am planning a trip to Zimbabwe for 2024.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the 375 and double rifle combo will be getting more work in the future!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the 375 and double rifle combo will be getting more work in the future!
That's the plan, hoping to hunt buffalo and maybe elephant in Zimbabwe in 2024. One of my doubles and my 375 RUM seems to be my go to rifle battery for Africa now.

Thank you for haring this great story and also for sharing the amazing photos that tie the whole story together! I feel like I got to experience the safari with you! And I didn't even need the ambien!

Great safari and report buddy!! Looks like a phenomenal area y’all were at- now you and Charles have experienced it with Jacques (and I think Phil was at same location?). Awesome you’re making plans for 2024!.. here in 3 weeks I’m off to Romania to hunt roebuck in Transylvania (and hopefully vampires and werewolves lol) with @HUNTROMNIA

Would you do a Euro or shoulder mount of the vampire??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Definitely a wall pedestal mount to show some of his “cape” lol
@whitetail, yes we had a great time in Uganda and your correct, Phoenix Phil was there about 6 months prior.

BTW, that is the trophy fee on a Vampire?? :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for haring this great story and also for sharing the amazing photos that tie the whole story together! I feel like I got to experience the safari with you! And I didn't even need the ambien!

Thanks for the nice comments. Can't wait to hunt with you in Zim in 2024. Maybe next year you can write the report! ;)

Great report and nice trophies. Did you see any other plains game species you could have taken? Eland?
I had asked earlier, but did you see any other plains game species that you could have taken besides the species you took?

A great report. Uganda is on my bucket list. Your report may have moved it up a notch.

I had asked earlier, but did you see any other plains game species that you could have taken besides the species you took?
Hi @375Fox, sorry I missed your previous ask. Yes, I also saw Patterson Eland, Topi and East Africa Grimm Duiker. He also has good success with East Africa Sitatunga but we did not hang out by the swamp areas much so I did not actually see one. You can also hunt leopard there but they are not exportable to the U.S. so it is mainly European clients that hunt leopard there. But he is very successful with leopard and shot a monster a few months before I arrived.

A great report. Uganda is on my bucket list. Your report may have moved it up a notch.
Hi @meigsbucks, yes this was my first time as well and we loved it. I will be going back probably in 2026.

Hi @375Fox, sorry I missed your previous ask. Yes, I also saw Patterson Eland, Topi and East Africa Grimm Duiker. He also has good success with East Africa Sitatunga but we did not hang out by the swamp areas much so I did not actually see one. You can also hunt leopard there but they are not exportable to the U.S. so it is mainly European clients that hunt leopard there. But he is very successful with leopard and shot a monster a few months before I arrived.

I was in camp when that leopard was taken, it was indeed a monster taken by a client from Paris.

Just to be clear @375Fox, I did not shoot this leopard (I can only hope I get a chance to hunt a leopard this big) but it was shot in the same camp that both I and Phoenix Phil hunted out of. Look at the noggin on that guy!

5a8a2b6c-25d2-437b-817f-ba6112c80c49.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatrinaLen

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,