Two Early Butch Searcy North American Guide Rifles For Sale

Good morning gentlemen, well, to answer questions, here goes!

I am 67 now, PD has not kicked me down yet.
I live in SW Colorado, south of Durango and four miles north of the New Mexico border in the midst of the Ute Indian Reservation. Lions abound here, my one acre compound sits fenced in farm and reservation, and twice they have scaled the 6’ chain link fencing.

If you will read it, I will write up and tell the story of hunting the big lion - not by intention with the 22 S&W.

If I’m allowed, I can send a hunt story link that is appropriate for this upcoming Halloween night. But, please just follow my instructions to one of our local public radio stations...

It was my first solo Mule deer hunt. we lived 48 miles from town out on the Navajo Nation and I was thirteen years old. Go to ravennarratives.org, then, up at top, click on stories, then scroll down to the tenth story “running from aliens”. I told this story over two consecutive nights to 500 people, Happy Halloween!

As to certifying that Butch built my rifles, the .270 is in his first handful of custom built guide rifles, because it is bitch ugly, perhaps the only one. Fiberglass stocks were ridiculed in those days in comparison to the wood still available. Butch built it to last a lifetime, indestructible...The 22-250 came later as I could afford to trade weeks in elk camp for gunsmithing. Would something in writing from Butch suffice or is sending the rifles off for inspection with any identifying subsequent marking by him better?

I thank you for your conversations and input. Regardless, it’s a pleasure to share a bit of time with you.
If the site moderators find these musings to be incorrectly posted, I will act at their direction.

Hey Joe,

Welcome aboard!

I hope that this finds you in good health and a solid long prognosis.

I would encourage you to document all of your tales so that we can relive your hunts as long as the internet allows. I'm guessing that many members would wish the same. I look forward to it.

Best,

Steve

Welcome to AH, DurangoJ.............Can't think of a better place to sell your rifles. Sorry for the need to do so. There is a lot of competition in the price ranges you listed, but I have no doubt your rifles will provide top value..............good luck with the sale........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross