TSA grabs dozens of guns in October at U.S. airports

Sierraone,

+1 with you on having carried a firearm for work and recreation both, for most of my life - and yet have not ever "forgotten" I was carrying, not once and I am fairly severe ADHD.

So, if my distracted and forgetful blockhead can always remember when I am armed, pretty much anyone can.

Bearing weapons is both a God given right AND an incredibly serious responsibility as well.

I really resent those US Residents who have reckless disregard on this subject, including people who supposedly "forget" they are carrying and try to board a commercial airplane.

Our particularly self absorbed/self serving Government and it's evil right hand, the US Supreme Court, are just gagging for an excuse to re-configure our Constitution.

People violating the US and International Laws of Commercial Air Travel, corrupt as those laws may be are unwittingly helping to supply those bullies with all the statistics they need to beat us down thoroughly, when the Bigshots in Washington feel the time is right.

The old saying: "Those who don't bother to learn history are doomed to re-live it" is valid here.

Problem is - I do not wish to join their dumbasses when they get our rights revoked one of these days.

I think it was Patrick Henry that said: "But don't get me started".

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Guys,
Don't think for a minute that I believe you can forget that
You are carrying a gun, I'm saying you get used to it being on you. I get up in the morning and brush my teeth, comb my hair and verify a round in the chamber before I slip my pistola into the holster. My ammo issues were as Sierraone states dumbass!
I had no intention of ever getting on a plane from Wyoming until the SHTF in Houston. But on the other side of the fence there are a lot of gals I know down here that their husband or dad has stuck a .380 in their purse or whatever and they have done nothing but thrown chewing gum and makeup on top of it for years before they fly somewhere. I put a Glock 23 and a surefire in my ex wife's truck for her. She drove onto White SandsMissile Range forgetting it was there. I got it handled but the ass chewing I dished out was tremendous. Prolly a good reason I'm sittin in Texas readin this forum by my self!lol.

Guys,
Don't think for a minute that I believe you can forget that
You are carrying a gun, I'm saying you get used to it being on you. I get up in the morning and brush my teeth, comb my hair and verify a round in the chamber before I slip my pistola into the holster. My ammo issues were as Sierraone states dumbass!
I had no intention of ever getting on a plane from Wyoming until the SHTF in Houston. But on the other side of the fence there are a lot of gals I know down here that their husband or dad has stuck a .380 in their purse or whatever and they have done nothing but thrown chewing gum and makeup on top of it for years before they fly somewhere. I put a Glock 23 and a surefire in my ex wife's truck for her. She drove onto White SandsMissile Range forgetting it was there. I got it handled but the ass chewing I dished out was tremendous. Prolly a good reason I'm sittin in Texas readin this forum by my self!lol.

Hi Bullthrower,

I for one hear you load and clear, also I didn't think for a nanosecond you were implying otherwise.

Buying a box of bullets while travelling might seem like a similar thing at first glance as carrying a loaded firearm but, it is not the same thing, because ammunition is about useless without the firearm that goes with it.

Therefore, one's level of responsibility is not nearly as elevated as it is when carrying a live firearm.

It is in my eyes the same as having a box of spark plugs as opposed to driving the car that they fit.

As for arming anyone who is only half interested, no matter what their gender, I probably would be preaching to the choir here if I said I would not recommend it.

Such types are better served with pepper spray instead.

Not that they can't get busted for trying to enter a Courthouse or Airplane with it but, at least when they forget they have it for months or even years at a time, and some hideous brat gets into it, nobody is as likely to die or be permanently maimed from the error.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Well put Velo Dog. I always kept the wicked witch of the southwest qualified on her firearm. She just didn't have the respect for it that is rightly deserved of one!
You are a wise man Velo Dog, this is very evident by your responses to this forum. I hope when I get up your way we can share a couple stories and a couple stiff drinks.
Cheers,
Cody

Well put Velo Dog. I always kept the wicked witch of the southwest qualified on her firearm. She just didn't have the respect for it that is rightly deserved of one!
You are a wise man Velo Dog, this is very evident by your responses to this forum. I hope when I get up your way we can share a couple stories and a couple stiff drinks.
Cheers,
Cody

Cody,

You are a great American, (with apologies for ripping off a Sean Hannity salute) and likely a wiser man than I.

Please do let me know if/when you ever plan to visit Anchorage, we will have a big time for sure.

Who said "wicked witch"?

Back before the wheel was invented, I was married to WWN (Wicked Witch of the North).

Among other wrongs that I suffered from that unhappy union, she took my S&W Model 17 (also known as a "K-22") as part of her spoils of her war on me, then her next husband managed to loose it to a burglar.

He's not a bad sort, he's just under-powered (couldn't be bothered to own a vault or burglar alarm or anything like that).

Anywhoo, keep your powder dry,
Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg