Trophy - The Film

Showing local tonight at the Grand Theater in Tacoma WA. My 2 sons and myself have tickets. Should be interesting to see the spin and curious what kind of crowd we may encounter.

Showing local tonight at the Grand Theater in Tacoma WA. My 2 sons and myself have tickets. Should be interesting to see the spin and curious what kind of crowd we may encounter.
Great! I'd love to hear your thoughts afterwards.
Philip

Trophy just got mentioned on FIELD SPORTS CHANNEL in the UK in this weeks episode.

Great! I'd love to hear your thoughts afterwards.
Philip

Hi Phil the movie was well laid out to make people think what was really the best solution for sustainability. You're stance and thoughts were clear and you represented us hunters well. The other hunter shown hunting with the other shall go un named outfitter was the complete opposite. There was an open discussion at the end of the showing that I believe was favorable toward hunting as a viable tool to save and protect species.There was a conservationist from the Sierra club who was very open about her beliefs that it appeared to be the best way to protect the animals.Both my sons said to me on the way home they were surprised by how they believed the film maker stayed "kinda neutral". Thank You for putting a good face on us hunters you repped us well.

Brad

Pre-ordered my copy of the movie while sitting at deer Camp making breakfast. What a marvelous modern age we live in.(y)

Hi Phil the movie was well laid out to make people think what was really the best solution for sustainability. You're stance and thoughts were clear and you represented us hunters well. The other hunter shown hunting with the other shall go un named outfitter was the complete opposite. There was an open discussion at the end of the showing that I believe was favorable toward hunting as a viable tool to save and protect species.There was a conservationist from the Sierra club who was very open about her beliefs that it appeared to be the best way to protect the animals.Both my sons said to me on the way home they were surprised by how they believed the film maker stayed "kinda neutral". Thank You for putting a good face on us hunters you repped us well.

Brad
Brad
Thank you so very much for your thoughtful comments. Glad you enjoyed it and saw the value in this film. Where was the showing and who spoke in the discussion afterwards?
I hope everyone will order it on iTunes or DVD Dec. 5!
Philip

Brad
Thank you so very much for your thoughtful comments. Glad you enjoyed it and saw the value in this film. Where was the showing and who spoke in the discussion afterwards?
I hope everyone will order it on iTunes or DVD Dec. 5!
Philip
Phillip it played at the Grand cinema in Tacoma WA and almost every person in attendance stayed for the discussion. A rep from the Sierra club was in attendance and I was quite surprised to see some support. Most negative comments stemmed from the other hunter and his brash comments and the croc shot in the pan was a total canned hunt and that did not sit well.

So it begins.... the reviews of the documentary film I am in about Trophy Hunting. These first reviews are from the Sundance film festival. They are not at all nice to me and that is to be expected. Hollywood is full of morons! But I do need the support of hunters as I travel through this endeavor. Keep in mind even in these brief reviews there are misstatements and half truths. The film has been purchased by Orchard films and CNN so it will likely be in theaters and on cable after that. It is a very good and interesting film that will make everyone think and wish to ask questions and that was the filmmakers desire.
More to come soon!

- http://www.sltrib.com/home/4846184-155/sundance-review-trophy
- http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/trophy-review-1201961409/
- http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/tr...hunting-documentary-sundance-2017-1201771356/

Regards,
Philip

View attachment 198229 View attachment 198228 View attachment 170403 View attachment 170402
View attachment 170404 View attachment 170405 View attachment 170406 View attachment 170407 View attachment 170408 View attachment 170409 View attachment 170410 View attachment 170411 View attachment 170412
The trouble I have in reading these reviews are the subtle continual undertones through each that the reviewers use to still vilify and prejudice sport hunting. In doing so, they're not truthfully giving an honest, impartial review, but are still distancing themselves away from the documentary on to the side of the "anti" factions. Every supportive comment quoted these reviews are treated as suspect at best, and an outright lie worst.

Email just popped up from iTunes: my pre-order is available! Guess what I'm watching tomorrow evening?! Too bad it came in at bedtime....

I just watched the movie from iTunes.
It was better than I had expected, but having been on the quoted side of microphones and in front of cameras I have a built in skepticism towards journalists and movie makers.
I am sure that the film makers used the controversial quotes and actions to build up the drama of the opposing sides and so much is said on roll that there has to be cuts from the raw material. I understand that and I know that boring doesn’t make for fun movies.

I think Phillip held his own well, had some truthful and direct, but still controversial subjects. Always hard to discuss/argue with people who doesn’t want to listen. “It is impossible to win an argument with an ignorant person”.
I applaud you for standing up for the hunting community Phillip.

The movie is called Trophy and it’s about Trophy hunting, however a lot of it was about breeding and poaching/anti-poaching and really nothing about the meat hunting, but that again may not be as controversial.

I will recommend the movie to my friends, family and co-workers as I see that it would generate questions and discussions.

Thanks again @phillip Glass.

//Gus

Just watched it.

Bravo... Bravo!!!!

(y)(y)(y)

I just finished watching the film. I found it quite interesting, indeed. I'll do my best to avoid any spoiling, but I would like to note that those of you who use VUDU can also get the film. I found that while I did a Rotten Tomatoes review.

The information provided by the ecologist was exceptional. I fully appreciated the perspective by John Hume, and his passion for the animals. Seeing the animals that were victims of poaching struck me deeply. Initially, I was not in agreement with the anti-poaching team, but with further viewing I came to understand how and why his method is effective. The debate was important to the overall film's perspective, but I was disappointed to see that there wasn't any audience support. Emotion overtook any rational tendencies in far too many people, as we all see in our regular lives when it comes to those against hunting.

@Philip Glass, I would like to thank you, as many already have, for letting us into your adventure, your life, your home. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this film, and will certainly share it with others. I'll encourage others to buy it as well. While he's only 6, I think my son can learn a valuable lesson from watching it with me. Interestingly, I was already having the same emotion you showed at the lion hunt, before it even came from you. Very powerful moment, and again I thank you.

How to I go about buying a DVD copy of the film.

The only DVD that I found for sale is in the UK and is in PAL format, worthless in the USA and Canada unless you have a multi region DVD player. Maybe Philip will have more on that.

I just finished watching the film. I found it quite interesting, indeed. I'll do my best to avoid any spoiling, but I would like to note that those of you who use VUDU can also get the film. . . . .

Same price and video quality?

Same price and video quality?

I don't have an answer for that one, but I think there were SDX as HDX choices. I do know that VUDU has many movies in HD. And I'm thinking the price was around $13 USD

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.15.38 AM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross