Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
A couple weeks ago, we finally got moved into the new house in Louisiana. Got the "North American Wall" started with my big elk being the centerpiece, flanked by the Dall on one side and the mule deer and Nilgai on the other. I haven't decided where to put the wolverine. The African walls are going to take more planning and time.
Trophy Room Sept 30th.jpg

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Absolutely wonderful space. - love the recessed paneling. Hang some good art and photos as well. Shutterfly does beautiful large format canvas prints.

Ridgewalker

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
That is going to be one grand place! Just a bit larger than my tiny space! Can’t wait to see it all loaded up! Oh am I jealous!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Really like the room. Very classy. Look forward to seeing more photos as you fill the room.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Very English looking panels. Be sure to post again when you get the African mounts up! I can see a lot of friend gatherings in the future!

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
A couple weeks ago, we finally got moved into the new house in Louisiana. Got the "North American Wall" started with my big elk being the centerpiece, flanked by the Dall on one side and the mule deer and Nilgai on the other. I haven't decided where to put the wolverine. The African walls are going to take more planning and time.
View attachment 251334

DAMMMMNNNNN!!!

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
I love that paneling and the ceilings - beautiful! Can wait to see it filled up!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Absolutely wonderful space. - love the recessed paneling. Hang some good art and photos as well. Shutterfly does beautiful large format canvas prints.

I plan to do just that. Would like to get a few of my photos onto canvas and also thinking about getting some photos of the great migration, like some of these:

upload_2018-10-1_13-17-16.png

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Looking good already, and I suspect it will be fantastic when finished !

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Shutterfly offers full editing capability and a wide range of size choices. It is going to look great when done.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Was busy this weekend getting a few more critters up on the wall. Decided to wait on getting the 2 kudu and eland up, as I think I'm going to get some scaffolding and a couple of helpers. All of these (nyala, impala, mountain zebra, blesbok, blue W, black W) went up fairly easy with working off a 10 foot step ladder.

Also got the wolverine up in the corner near the nilgai.

A panoramic shot..............

Trophy Room Panoramic Oct 13.jpg

Also got the wolverine up in the corner near the nilgai.

upload_2018-10-14_20-10-30.png

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Looking fantastic!

I'm enjoying watching the process of putting them up.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Wow! Just gorgeous!

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Awesome room! I'm super jealous!

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
I have envy my friend. Looks a perfect home for your trophies

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
Now that I'm over the shock and awe of such an amazing space- I'm thinking you might need some stronger lighting from above. The underlighting appears to overpower the mounts. Just my .02 cents of course :D I'm still very jealous

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Now that I'm over the shock and awe of such an amazing space- I'm thinking you might need some stronger lighting from above. The underlighting appears to overpower the mounts. Just my .02 cents of course :D I'm still very jealous

@buck wild : I think you are spot on with your observations. The LED rope lights that are tucked behind the crown molding and provide the under lighting are too intense. I do plan to change them out, sometime in the near future, to a little softer lighting. As far as the suggestion for stronger lighting from above, the two main ceiling beams are pre-wired for additional lights. I am going to wait a few months to get most of the mounts on the wall (currently 9 African and 1 Wyoming antelope at the taxidermist) and then add the lights. Not an easy job since it's about 20 ft high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gbear

Latest profile posts

AGNK wrote on geoff rath's profile.
G’day Geoff,
Mate, I noticed you purchased a rifle from overseas.... can you tell me the procedure of importing a rifle to Australia from a private seller?
Cheers
AGNK
I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian