Trophies Delivered, Trophy Room Almost Done

A couple weeks ago, we finally got moved into the new house in Louisiana. Got the "North American Wall" started with my big elk being the centerpiece, flanked by the Dall on one side and the mule deer and Nilgai on the other. I haven't decided where to put the wolverine. The African walls are going to take more planning and time.
Trophy Room Sept 30th.jpg

Absolutely wonderful space. - love the recessed paneling. Hang some good art and photos as well. Shutterfly does beautiful large format canvas prints.

That is going to be one grand place! Just a bit larger than my tiny space! Can’t wait to see it all loaded up! Oh am I jealous!

Really like the room. Very classy. Look forward to seeing more photos as you fill the room.

Very English looking panels. Be sure to post again when you get the African mounts up! I can see a lot of friend gatherings in the future!

A couple weeks ago, we finally got moved into the new house in Louisiana. Got the "North American Wall" started with my big elk being the centerpiece, flanked by the Dall on one side and the mule deer and Nilgai on the other. I haven't decided where to put the wolverine. The African walls are going to take more planning and time.
View attachment 251334

DAMMMMNNNNN!!!

I love that paneling and the ceilings - beautiful! Can wait to see it filled up!

Absolutely wonderful space. - love the recessed paneling. Hang some good art and photos as well. Shutterfly does beautiful large format canvas prints.

I plan to do just that. Would like to get a few of my photos onto canvas and also thinking about getting some photos of the great migration, like some of these:

upload_2018-10-1_13-17-16.png

Looking good already, and I suspect it will be fantastic when finished !

Shutterfly offers full editing capability and a wide range of size choices. It is going to look great when done.

Was busy this weekend getting a few more critters up on the wall. Decided to wait on getting the 2 kudu and eland up, as I think I'm going to get some scaffolding and a couple of helpers. All of these (nyala, impala, mountain zebra, blesbok, blue W, black W) went up fairly easy with working off a 10 foot step ladder.

Also got the wolverine up in the corner near the nilgai.

A panoramic shot..............

Trophy Room Panoramic Oct 13.jpg

Also got the wolverine up in the corner near the nilgai.

upload_2018-10-14_20-10-30.png

Looking fantastic!

I'm enjoying watching the process of putting them up.

Wow! Just gorgeous!

Awesome room! I'm super jealous!

I have envy my friend. Looks a perfect home for your trophies

Now that I'm over the shock and awe of such an amazing space- I'm thinking you might need some stronger lighting from above. The underlighting appears to overpower the mounts. Just my .02 cents of course :D I'm still very jealous

Now that I'm over the shock and awe of such an amazing space- I'm thinking you might need some stronger lighting from above. The underlighting appears to overpower the mounts. Just my .02 cents of course :D I'm still very jealous

@buck wild : I think you are spot on with your observations. The LED rope lights that are tucked behind the crown molding and provide the under lighting are too intense. I do plan to change them out, sometime in the near future, to a little softer lighting. As far as the suggestion for stronger lighting from above, the two main ceiling beams are pre-wired for additional lights. I am going to wait a few months to get most of the mounts on the wall (currently 9 African and 1 Wyoming antelope at the taxidermist) and then add the lights. Not an easy job since it's about 20 ft high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois