Trijicon Accupoint

Quaticman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of the Trijicon Accupoint scope. I am considering mounting a 1-4 x 24 Trijicon Accupoint with the red triangle reticle on my .458 Win Mag bolt action rifle.

Yes. I used a 3x9 on a .375 to take my first buffalo and a truckload of PG on that hunt in the Caprivi. I have the scope you mention on a .22 that travels the fence line with me twice a day, nearly every day banging around the back of the Kawasaki Mule. I am pretty sure neither has had a turret touched since originally sighted in ten and five years ago respectively. They are tough dependable scopes.

That said, I find the optics not anywhere in the same class as the Leica, S&B, and Swarovski scopes on many of my other rifles. One would not be my first choice for a leopard or any other low light conditions. But a Trijicon will get the job done.

2F29C2F5-6D8F-47FD-800E-BA6BAE42DF83.jpeg

My longtime preference has been for Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender or Swarovski scopes. Because I’d not needed a new scope for a number of years mine are older with none having illuminated reticles. But due to aging eyes (70’s) I began pondering the thought of getting one.

In preparation for a Manitoba black bear hunt a few years ago I decided it was time to pick one up in order to make a last light shot at a dark object on a dark background easier. What I decided upon was a Trijicon Accupoint which would be mounted on my .338. One factor in making a decision in favor of the Accupoint was because it uses no battery.

This is a photo of the bear I took on that trip. My shot on the bear was truly made at last light and I would not have taken that shot without the Trijicon scope or other illuminated reticle scope. This was a big Springtime boar that I sure would have liked to drop in the Fall.

I’ll also agree with Red Leg that the Trijicon glass is not in the same class as my other scopes.. . . . . Good hunting to you with whatever you decide and wherever you hunt.

Last edited:
N
View attachment 357245

My longtime preference has been for Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender or Swarovski scopes. Because I’d not needed a new scope for a number of years mine are older with none having illuminated reticles. But due to aging eyes (70’s) I began pondering the thought of getting one.

In preparation for a Manitoba black bear hunt a few years ago I decided it was time to pick one up in order to make a last light shot at a dark object on a dark background easier. What I decided upon was a Trijicon Accupoint which would be mounted on my .338. One factor in making a decision in favor of the Accupoint was because it uses no battery.

This is a photo of the bear I took on that trip. My shot on the bear was truly made at last light and I would not have taken that shot without the Trijicon scope or other illuminated reticle scope. This was a big Springtime boar that I sure would have liked to drop in the Fall.

I’ll also agree with Red Leg that the Trijicon glass is not in the same class as my other scopes.. . . . . Good hunting to you with whatever you decide and wherever you hunt.
Nice bear. To quote old Jack, “the big ones look big.”

Not to hijack this thread but Red Leg and Big5 stated that the Trijicon glass wasn’t up to Zeiss or Swarovski levels. I have a question based on this: Is it more in line with a Leupold VX3 or a VX6?

Ultimately, it turned out to be the perfect scope for me during my safari. Very happy with AccuPoint!

I have one on a customized Remington 35 Whelen pump. Fantastic glass, love it. My meat-maker

No experience with the Accupoint, but I'm a big fan of the Trijicon RMR reflex sight. I've had great success with that little red dot sight on my 375 H&H double rifle and on my Beretta 9mm M9A3 pistol.
No magnification, but lightning fast target acquisition. On my double rifle it's great for close quarter action with cape buffalo or in thick bush with any plains game.

Not to hijack this thread but Red Leg and Big5 stated that the Trijicon glass wasn’t up to Zeiss or Swarovski levels. I have a question based on this: Is it more in line with a Leupold VX3 or a VX6?
I've had two AccuPoint scopes, both were 4-16x50 and gave good service.
FYI - the AccuPoint does eventually loose the illumination although it takes about 10-12 years.
The AccuPower from Trijicon uses a battery to do the same thing.
Plus it doesn't have that bulky thing on the ocular bell.

I'd put Trijicon in the same class as the Leupold VX5HD series.
The Swaro, Zeiss and S&B take things to another level.
I personally prefer Swaro, but everyone has one they really like.
You are not going to go wrong with a Trijicon product.
Good products and good customer support.

Even better...find a used Swaro Z6 1-6x24 EE for your 458WM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross