AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
I emailed the Frankfurt weapons authority at transfer@stadt-frankfurt.de in regards to the transiting procedure through Frankfurt Germany with hunting bow and arrows and here is the reply email that I received:

Hi,

Hunting bow and arrows don't belong to the german weapon law. So you don't need a permit.

Kind regards
Sabrina Stock

Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main
Waffen-, Jagd- und Fischerei
Kleyerstrasse 86
60326 Frankfurt am Main

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I wonder if the Frankfurt Police know that?

Just one more over zealous officer I guess.

Zabi

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa
As to the "bow and arrow"-issues:

Indeed, in Germany the bow is legally NOT regarded as a weapon, but as sports equipment.
Although, on flights, it is a good idea to just go to the firearms department at the airport and declare your archery equipment as "dangerous goods".

I did so prior to my flight to SA (and back as well), and there was no problem. In fact, I suppose they handle your baggage with greater care if there is a firearms-label hanging to it :)

Of course I had to pick up my bow at the firearms department and my normal travelcase at the usual conveyor belt, but who cares...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmparoDomi

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?