AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
I emailed the Frankfurt weapons authority at transfer@stadt-frankfurt.de in regards to the transiting procedure through Frankfurt Germany with hunting bow and arrows and here is the reply email that I received:

Hi,

Hunting bow and arrows don't belong to the german weapon law. So you don't need a permit.

Kind regards
Sabrina Stock

Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main
Waffen-, Jagd- und Fischerei
Kleyerstrasse 86
60326 Frankfurt am Main

I wonder if the Frankfurt Police know that?

Just one more over zealous officer I guess.

As to the "bow and arrow"-issues:

Indeed, in Germany the bow is legally NOT regarded as a weapon, but as sports equipment.
Although, on flights, it is a good idea to just go to the firearms department at the airport and declare your archery equipment as "dangerous goods".

I did so prior to my flight to SA (and back as well), and there was no problem. In fact, I suppose they handle your baggage with greater care if there is a firearms-label hanging to it :)

Of course I had to pick up my bow at the firearms department and my normal travelcase at the usual conveyor belt, but who cares...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowlimitless

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross