Tom Selleck’s Collection Holland and Holland

Rock Island is auctioning off some of Tom Selleck’s firearms. Here’s some eye candy for you.

I think you need that H&H!!!!

I wonder if he has the gun from his movie "Quigley down under"?
I saw on the TV show " Hollywood Weapons" that he had one of the three that were used in the movie.

I don’t have any insight into why Tom Selleck would be selling some or all of his firearms, but I expect I will be in a similar position one day.

My kids aren’t terribly interested in hunting, nor are they at all ‘gun’ people. As in, they are fine with firearms, but see them more as tools than works of art, as I do. So once my hunting days are more or less behind me, and particularly if I have some advance notice of my impending departure, I think I would make life easier for my executor and dispose of my firearms myself. I also think I’m best positioned to know the value of my guns - certainly more than my executor or my children.

So at his age, makes sense to me.

Don’t underestimate the age you will stop. Last year my father was 95 and still managed to climb up a staircase to a 10 foot elevate blind (shooting house). This year at 96 he may not make the climb, but he can still sit in a ground blind and hunt.

Don’t underestimate the age you will stop. Last year my father was 95 and still managed to climb up a staircase to a 10 foot elevate blind (shooting house). This year at 96 he may not make the climb, but he can still sit in a ground blind and hunt.
I can only hope! Just turned 65 and apart from a few issues, the arthritis is becoming a challenge . . .

Mona Toni- why do you enter the Raffle if you don’t intend to use it? There are many Motswanas who lost out ! Eish mara wena..

When I went to SA on Emerites in 2016 I put my locked ammo case inside my checked luggage.
They had me take it out to weigh but it rode inside my checked luggage.
I would have your ammo in a secure hard case so that you can send it separate if needed, especially if you are on a connecting flight inside SA.

I saw on the TV show " Hollywood Weapons" that he had one of the three that were used in the movie.
That sounds right. Shiloh Sharps in Big Timber made the group of guns for the movie- Sharps model 1874 in 45-110 (45 2 7/8)

If my mustache isn’t a dead giveaway… I’ve been a huge Tom Selleck fan boy ever since the 1970s (I still consider Magnum P.I to be perhaps the greatest TV series in existence, because of the very realistic way that it portrayed Vietnam War veterans as normal yet traumatized people as opposed to unhinged mentally unstable killers as portrayed in a lot of media). Tom is an extremely passionate hunter and firearms aficionado and an unrepentant supporter of the American 2nd Amendment. I remember how he once very calmly defended his pro-firearms views on the “Rosie O Donell” show when that big gorilla was constantly trying to provoke him with her anti gun rants.

Yes, he is auctioning off a small part of his extensive firearms collection. When a man gets older, he wants to hold on to a few special firearms for the rest of his (hopefully long) life and wants to dispense with the ones which might not interest him anymore.

He still owns a very impressive collection of custom made .45 ACP M1911 pistols (mostly manufactured by Smith & Wesson) and at least 1 best grade 12 gauge James Purdey & Sons sidelock ejector.

I wish more more of those modern hypocritical Hollywood soy boy types (who publicly blame firearms for every single tragedy, yet have no issue in making money off hundreds of films by brandishing firearms onscreen) followed his example.
You would really like him if you met him. Very humble and laid back. Just a regular guy.

As best I can determine here's the skinny about the Quigley rifles.

I would imagine Selleck, like many of us old gummers, simply lose interest in many collectibles sitting in our safes on at our homes. Occasionally we sort through the inventory and wonder why we still have them. We finally tell ourselves "Self, I have studied these or maybe shot these enough and there's nothing more to learn about them". A few we keep as being special, others go down the road. Thoughts about selling these type items may also include the reality that some heirs couldn't care less. So it becomes apparant they will not properly disposed of for their real value. It's understandable, after such effort to acquire them, to attempt to sell them for most value and save them from the fate of pennies-on-the-dollar pawn shop hustlers. Some collections involve large amounts of sweat equity. I also wouldn't doubt he got tired of being placed in roles of the past, including those in the NRA, by groupies and fans. He went to one or more of the early Quigley BPCR shoots. I'm certain he got tired of being asked to shoot the long range bucket. No mystery why many celebs learn to cherish their privacy. I also know that Laura San Giacomo is not a gun person and put a quick end to being involved in promotion of BPCR shooting events like the Quigley shoot. :)

My brother in law’s dad was one of the camera operators on Magnum PI among other shows. He has commented many times on how nice Mr Selleck was to work with. That’s one guy I would love to have dinner with and hear some of his stories.

I don’t have any insight into why Tom Selleck would be selling some or all of his firearms, but I expect I will be in a similar position one day.

My kids aren’t terribly interested in hunting, nor are they at all ‘gun’ people. As in, they are fine with firearms, but see them more as tools than works of art, as I do. So once my hunting days are more or less behind me, and particularly if I have some advance notice of my impending departure, I think I would make life easier for my executor and dispose of my firearms myself. I also think I’m best positioned to know the value of my guns - certainly more than my executor or my children.

So at his age, makes sense to me.

So very true. I have a current client whose husband past away recently. He left her quite a few firearms and firearms accessories, ammo, reloading equipment and accessories, gunsmith tools, leathersmith tools, and nothing of a log or journal as to the value of these items to suggest the various items value.

He also left several firearm projects, some major some minor work, uncompleted.

He had several custom made firearms, the makers have been identified on all but one; a 30-06 built using a K98(?) or K38(?) Mauser frame, with fully adjustable ghost ring peep sight. This 30-06 rifle is giving me a fit trying to identify and putting it up for sale a fair and reasonable price.

Thereby I strongly recommend that regardless of whether it's firearms, cars, boats, archery, etc, whatever your passion(s) is/are; Be kind to those left behind and keep a record of those items with purchase price and date, current estimated value at time of purchase. Your logs/journals/ notepads will definitely help your heirs in getting a fair price for those items that they are not interested in keeping.

I can only hope! Just turned 65 and apart from a few issues, the arthritis is becoming a challenge . . .
Just turned 66, and still going. Know to well the feeling...aches and pains....and especially in cold weather. Thank the person who invented those chemical body, hand, and feet warmers that help me make though the winter hunts.

He also own quite a few Westley Richards rifles and doubles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNek

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg