Tom Selleck’s Collection Holland and Holland

Frederick Beesley .416

I wish I had the money and was lefty, that is one gorgeous rifle. Sad that it is still here, and someone has not taken it off your hands.

Funny you said that, i was thinking the same thing. :ROFLMAO:
Remember watching "Quigley Down Under" in 1990 after it came out. I knew about Tom Selleck, from Magnum P.I.

But I learned from Quigley that Tom Selleck knows how to handle a rifle, and not just some brief training from a Hollywood Prop Master.

Don’t underestimate the age you will stop. Last year my father was 95 and still managed to climb up a staircase to a 10 foot elevate blind (shooting house). This year at 96 he may not make the climb, but he can still sit in a ground blind and hunt.
To put matters into perspective, my own father turns 92 in November (God be willing). He still hunts jack snipe in the local rice paddy fields near our farmhouse with skill that makes me look like a complete novice in comparison.
Screenshot_20230810-013034.jpg

I am 77 in September & still buying guns , hunting & shooting sporting clays with my kids, my wife claims she will through my guns in my grave with me, or kill me if i buy any more. i remind her of the $400 speeding ticket she got driving her Mustang could of bought me more ammo.

Remember watching "Quigley Down Under" in 1990 after it came out. I knew about Tom Selleck, from Magnum P.I.

But I learned from Quigley that Tom Selleck knows how to handle a rifle, and not just some brief training from a Hollywood Prop Master.
I understand Tom came up to Montana & was coached by Mike Venturino on how to use a Sharps rifle for Quigly Down Under. Mike shot Sharps & Remington Rolling blocks extensively in black powder cartridge silhouette matches. My Brother shot with him & I have met him.

Greetings Hunter-Habib,

I’m with you on the mustache thing brother.
My wife would probably leave me for Tom Sellec and / or Sam Elliot, another conservative and gunny Hollywood celebrity, in spite of the political incorrectness that goes with that admirable philosophy.
(Only dead fish go with the flow).
She often refers to me as “Sam” (for Sam Elliot).
She openly tells everyone that if I ever shaved off my mustache, she’d divorce me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stay on that front sight.
Velo Dog.

Attachments

• A2690E1F-53B3-47DE-88C1-21AC73CC743B.png
    A2690E1F-53B3-47DE-88C1-21AC73CC743B.png
    8 MB · Views: 63
I always thought Clint Walker - actor, conservative and body builder = a Real Man, should’ve grown a proper gunfighter’s mustache.
Manly Men in Hollywood are scarce these days.
A sad symptom of this decaying country.

ECEEBC9C-732F-4051-8F68-2794B9F27F48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
One more.
Theodore Roosevelt.
Ok, it’s a computer altered image from the neck down.
Nonetheless, “Teddy” was another Real Man that this world could use more of these days.
The sissyfication of Hollywood and the world in general now days is pathetic.

7D2136F9-647C-4BB4-A0CC-5B0403A6DD90.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Hunter-Habib,

My wife would probably leave me for Tom Sellec and / or Sam Elliot, another conservative and gunny Hollywood celebrity, in spite of the political incorrectness that goes with that admirable philosophy.
She openly tells everyone that if I ever shaved off my mustache, she’d divorce me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Velo Dog.
That's a classy groomed mustache, Velo Dog. I personally prefer being clean shaven for myself. I started keeping a mustache after receiving a very deep scar on my upper lip during my college years (which I wanted to draw attention away from). But then, I saw the likes of Sir David Niven and (of course) Tom Selleck and realized that mustaches are a different kind of charm.

God, I used to be addicted to that show "Magnum P.I". The show had it's original run back when I was posted as D.F.O (Divisional Forest Officer) of the Sundarban Department of Forests. I would spend 5 days of the week in the forests and would be back for the weekend to my family home.

I would make my mom record all of the "Magnum P.I" episodes on V.C.R for me to watch during the weekend.

Now, my grandchildren don't even know what a VCR is. How the years go by...

My two favor scenes:

Shooting the bucket.

Very Close Second, the gun fight at the end:
"....I didn't say I didn't know how to use one. I said, I never had much use for one. You ain't Doc Holiday, and this isn't Dodge City."

Rock Island is auctioning off some of Tom Selleck’s firearms. Here’s some eye candy for you.

@Andrew Short
Very nice. They won't come cheap.
I couldn't afford a starting bid.
Bob

Greetings Hunter-Habib,

Velo Dog.
Sam Elliot as SG major PLumley in the movie we were soldiers with his 1911 what a man! to day we seam to have Hollywood fags.

Now, lets compare these giants of movie and Hollywood industry and American culture, to characters like Alec Baldwin?

Worst is Mark Wahlberg. He badly assaulted & injured 2 Vietnamese men and assaulted several African American people during his early years out of sheer racism. And now he goes around telling people how "Evil" guns are. Including publicly slandering Charlton Heston for being a member of the N.R.A.

His so-called "Ethics" don't stop him from making money by portraying characters armed with firearms onscreen, though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greylin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.