Thinking of selling my .404

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Hungary, Austria, France, England, Scotland, Ireland
Hi all, I’m thinking of selling my .404 Jeff to help fund my next hunting trip, any advise on what it might be worth and if anyone might be interested PM me.

It was made by Robert (Bob) Harvey who was an amazing gun maker and smith, it was made on a Mauser 98 action, case colour hardened tastefully with some gold inlay and minor engraving. It feeds and shoots amazingly well, never been further than the range as far as I know, the grouping with irons is perfect if I do say so my self. Have have some ammo, dies and new brass for it as well.

It’s a classic English rifle in every way and I will be sad to see it go but I will just never use it. Any thoughts or interest feel free to share.
I will post some pictures soon as I get in later.
P.S. I’m the U.K. not U.S.A

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Hungary, Austria, France, England, Scotland, Ireland
Forgot to say it have a Schmidt and Bender scope on it with aple swing off mounts.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Share some pictures, I’m sure some one will want to buy this fine firearm from you.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Fully agree with the above post that there will be Americans interested. But in addition to the photos, ask your dealer in the UK who they recommend to use as an exported to the U.S. The export from the UK and import to the US will be a major expense for the buyer in addition to what you sell it for.

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
IMG_3497(Edited).jpg

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Fully agree with the above post that there will be Americans interested. But in addition to the photos, ask your dealer in the UK who they recommend to use as an exported to the U.S. The export from the UK and import to the US will be a major expense for the buyer in addition to what you sell it for.
I have looked at this before and it wasn't cheap but that was a while ago so I could ask again and get an up to date quote

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Stunning rifle, I’m sure it will sell fast.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
That is an incredible
Rifle. You need to rethink this sale. There has to be another way!

NewForester

AH member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m thinking of selling my .404 Jeff to help fund my next hunting trip, any advise on what it might be worth and if anyone might be interested PM me.

It was made by Robert (Bob) Harvey who was an amazing gun maker and smith, it was made on a Mauser 98 action, case colour hardened tastefully with some gold inlay and minor engraving. It feeds and shoots amazingly well, never been further than the range as far as I know, the grouping with irons is perfect if I do say so my self. Have have some ammo, dies and new brass for it as well.

It’s a classic English rifle in every way and I will be sad to see it go but I will just never use it. Any thoughts or interest feel free to share.
I will post some pictures soon as I get in later.
P.S. I’m the U.K. not U.S.A

May I ask why you think you will never use it? Plains Game only??

AES

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
British Sporting Arms (BSA) will get this rifle to the US, no problem. They are very good at what they do.

Andrew Short

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime member NRA
I understand shipping but what’s your asking price?

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Count me amongst those that say you'll regret selling this rifle! Find another way to finance that next trip.

Tra3

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Nice rifle.
I support the idea of spending more time hunting. Experiences and Memories are more valuable, so if between the rifle and a hunt... sell the rifle! But, there are always ways to trim the budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan2020!

Latest profile posts

trstallone wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
I've Hunted So.Africa, love to try Romania
Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?