Thinking of selling my .404

Stalker91

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Hungary, Austria, France, England, Scotland, Ireland
Hi all, I’m thinking of selling my .404 Jeff to help fund my next hunting trip, any advise on what it might be worth and if anyone might be interested PM me.

It was made by Robert (Bob) Harvey who was an amazing gun maker and smith, it was made on a Mauser 98 action, case colour hardened tastefully with some gold inlay and minor engraving. It feeds and shoots amazingly well, never been further than the range as far as I know, the grouping with irons is perfect if I do say so my self. Have have some ammo, dies and new brass for it as well.

It’s a classic English rifle in every way and I will be sad to see it go but I will just never use it. Any thoughts or interest feel free to share.
I will post some pictures soon as I get in later.
P.S. I’m the U.K. not U.S.A

Forgot to say it have a Schmidt and Bender scope on it with aple swing off mounts.

Share some pictures, I’m sure some one will want to buy this fine firearm from you.

Fully agree with the above post that there will be Americans interested. But in addition to the photos, ask your dealer in the UK who they recommend to use as an exported to the U.S. The export from the UK and import to the US will be a major expense for the buyer in addition to what you sell it for.

IMG_3497(Edited).jpg

Fully agree with the above post that there will be Americans interested. But in addition to the photos, ask your dealer in the UK who they recommend to use as an exported to the U.S. The export from the UK and import to the US will be a major expense for the buyer in addition to what you sell it for.
I have looked at this before and it wasn't cheap but that was a while ago so I could ask again and get an up to date quote

Stunning rifle, I’m sure it will sell fast.

That is an incredible
Rifle. You need to rethink this sale. There has to be another way!

Hi all, I’m thinking of selling my .404 Jeff to help fund my next hunting trip, any advise on what it might be worth and if anyone might be interested PM me.

It was made by Robert (Bob) Harvey who was an amazing gun maker and smith, it was made on a Mauser 98 action, case colour hardened tastefully with some gold inlay and minor engraving. It feeds and shoots amazingly well, never been further than the range as far as I know, the grouping with irons is perfect if I do say so my self. Have have some ammo, dies and new brass for it as well.

It’s a classic English rifle in every way and I will be sad to see it go but I will just never use it. Any thoughts or interest feel free to share.
I will post some pictures soon as I get in later.
P.S. I’m the U.K. not U.S.A

May I ask why you think you will never use it? Plains Game only??

British Sporting Arms (BSA) will get this rifle to the US, no problem. They are very good at what they do.

I understand shipping but what’s your asking price?

Count me amongst those that say you'll regret selling this rifle! Find another way to finance that next trip.

Nice rifle.
I support the idea of spending more time hunting. Experiences and Memories are more valuable, so if between the rifle and a hunt... sell the rifle! But, there are always ways to trim the budget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg