The Royal Bengal Tiger Which Almost Did Me In

Major Khan, I see the makings of another story--your "80th Birthday Mankiller Hunting Leopard." Quite the birthday present.

Wow! That is quite the tale! What a shame it is no longer possible to hunt tiger.

Friend Ponton
Yes a 35 day dry aged sambar backstrap would be far niser than beef. I have dry aged mine for 14 days and it just melts in the mouth.
Cheers my Friend
Bob Nelson
No truer statement could be made , Bob .
I personally favor venison over beef any day of the week , myself as well .
Unfortunately , sambhur deer season in Bangladesh will not open until October . Sambhur deer are only found in the Sundarban man grove forests of Bangladesh ( as opposed to cheetal deer or kakar deer , which are found in all of the forested regions of Bangladesh ) , and the local police only give permission to local shikarees for hunting there no more than twice a year ( and a bag limit of 2 sambhur deer per year for each shikaree . ) .
All of the venison , mutton or beef which I personally dry age ... are either dry aged for 21 days , 28 days or 35 days . I find that Himalayan salt blocks are the best for aiding in the dry aging process .

Major Khan, I see the makings of another story--your "80th Birthday Mankiller Hunting Leopard." Quite the birthday present.
It was as if Divine Providence itself sent me a sign , New Boomer . I personally could not think of a better birthday gift . Panther shooting is , was and always shall remain my top most favorite sport of all time . And of course , I shall be sharing the reminiscence on African Hunting Forums , as well .

Wow! That is quite the tale! What a shame it is no longer possible to hunt tiger.
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed this reminiscence so much , Rick Cox .
I really miss shikars for royal Bengal tigers , as well . I would consider it to be an utmost privilege if I were ever able to guide such a fine gentle man as yourself , on the shikar for a royal Bengal tiger .

What a shame it is no longer possible to hunt tiger.

maneater in Bangladesh, might be possible to hunt, under police order or permission, if I understood well.

Commercial, legal, sport hunting of tigers, is possible in South Africa. But, so controversial, more controversial then CBL.. Rarely advertised, hard to find, but if doing google reasearch it is even possible to find export number of tiger trophies, from SA to other countries. How it works with cites, permits and paperwork, I have no idea.

I’ve spent the last couple hours in airport reading your articles. They are really well written and I’ve enjoyed reading them. Sorry it took me this long. Sad these days are gone now.
I see you and your other former Shakaris mention hunting in Bangladesh in the present day. Would you consider writing an article on some of your modern hunting and more recent pictures?

I’ve spent the last couple hours in airport reading your articles. They are really well written and I’ve enjoyed reading them. Sorry it took me this long. Sad these days are gone now.
I see you and your other former Shakaris mention hunting in Bangladesh in the present day. Would you consider writing an article on some of your modern hunting and more recent pictures?
It is my utmost privilege that you have enjoyed reading my articles , 375 Fox.
I actually have written an article about a goose shikar in Bangladesh just last month , alongside giving a review of 2.75 inch 12 Bore 36 gram Lyalvale Express AAA shot gun cartridges being used on Bangladeshi Greylag Geese ( along with photographs) . I can certainly write more . I also dedicated a portion of 1 article to a cheetal deer shikar in Bangladesh which took place last year .
However , I enjoy writing the stories about dangerous game the most , because water fowl , jungle fowl, hares, foxes , sambhur deer , cheetal deer , kakar deer and Wild Boars feel fairly mundane and unremarkable to me , although I certainly enjoy hunting them VERY , VERY much, as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg