The Rigby is Home

MarkCZ

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
282
Reaction score
447
Location
Exmoor
Media
22
Hunted
South Africa, Finland, Estonia, C.Z. Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Scotland , England, Namibia
Hi guys, you may remember a few months ago I posted a casual post that I had a tatty old Rigby in .275.
Well Long story short Paul Roberts who used to own Rigby rifles has a gun shop and gun smith only just down the road. The rifle was left with him to have the stock repaired, rubbed down and re oiled. The floor plate had a huge scratch on it and the trigger guard needed attension and the trigger was also fettled to 3 pound. They also located the side mount.
Here are the results. hope you like them. Markcz


IMG_1645 (2).JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would love the rifle but not to keen on the side mount .
 
I really love the beautiful straight grain of the wood stock.
Is there some type of recoil pad you will be attaching?
 
Looking good!!!
 
Very nice! A classic.
 
WOW that turned out nicely!
 
I really love the beautiful straight grain of the wood stock.
Is there some type of recoil pad you will be attaching?
i wont be putting a recoil pad on as the stock is plenty long enough for me.
Markcz
 
Weren't side mounts pretty much the standard "back in the day?"
 
Very, very nice!
 
This rifle was built September 1969 for a Mr H Murry-Wells. It weighs 7 pound 7 oz. 24 inch barrel and a stock length of 15. 3/4 inches. so he was probably quite a big chap.
Markcz
 
Hi Mark,

Very nice rifle in one of my favorite cartridges. More, I see the general rifle configuration as ideal for a 7x57 Mauser !!! I have no objection for this side mount. Lovely rifle!!
 
A question: is the trigger a modified military one?
Thank you!

CF
Hi Clodo, I have no idea if it is a military trigger but I don't think it would be. I will ask Paul and post.
Markcz
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,646
Members
169,598
Latest member
BrigetteLn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top