The Old Dog Hunts Again

British Airways are bloody awful. I've never met anyone who recommends them.
I think your Dad said it was unavoidable due to flight rewards but I always find BA to be overpriced and poor service.
I can't fault south African Airways from the UK should you pass this way again. And they don't charge for firearms which is always a bonus.

"Did you transit through Thief Row in London?"
:sleep::sleep::sleep::p
Great synonym

British Airways are bloody awful. I've never met anyone who recommends them.
I think your Dad said it was unavoidable due to flight rewards but I always find BA to be overpriced and poor service.
I can't fault south African Airways from the UK should you pass this way again. And they don't charge for firearms which is always a bonus.

I might try flying through Europe next time with anything other than BA or Comair

I might try flying through Europe next time with anything other than BA or Comair

My motto is Buy American, it is Delta through Atlanta for me

velo dog,

well done! i am waiting to hear the rest of the story when you get home. things are good here, carla has checked in on kelly.

i shot a nice bull moose with the 450-400, will tell you about it over a scotch. sounds like you are having quite the adventure. can't wait to hear about it. look me up when you hit town. good hunting and b safe.

the dirthawker

Thanks Don,

You two are the best neighbors anyone could ask for.
Between you and Carla checking in with her, Kelley's sister staying with her while down from the Slope and the ones living on the north side of us (who almost went on this safari with me), she has felt secure.

Congrats on the moose (with a completely cool double rifle and caliber as well).
Yes, we shall have to trade yarns.
I shall look forward to same.

Last evening meal here has been eaten.
(Egyptian goose and gemsbock, braised carrots, baked potatoes and salad).
Tomorrow we eat breakfast early, settle our bills and off to the airport toward home.

Cheerio,
Paul.

Last edited:
Thanks Don,

You two are the best neighbors anyone could ask for.
Between you and Carla checking in with her, Kelley's sister staying with her while down from the Slope and the ones living on the north side of us (who almost went on this safari with me), she has felt secure.

Congrats on the moose (with a completely cool double rifle and caliber as well).
Yes, we shall have to trade yarns.
I shall look forward to same.

Last evening meal here has been eaten.
(Egyptian goose and gemsbock, braised carrots, baked potatoes and salad).
Tomorrow we eat breakfast early, settle our bills and off the the airport toward home.

Cheerio,
Paul.
Mmmmm.....gemsbok steak, sounds delicious

What are the medallions on the plaque??

View attachment 202260

Not sure exactly how it works but these are medals or awards for bagging large animals.
Big yawn from me but the boss man here at this excellent place tells us we all 3 have taken several very large bulls.
I do not loose any sleep over such things, I just like to go hunting.
I'm not saying I don't enjoy putting horns on my wall.
I'm just saying that I would book again with Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, even if I had not taken several large animals.
The hunting itself is my finest trophy.
Getting to hunt in Africa with my son and my good friend now of 50 years, is a blessing that scoring methods and medals of achievement cannot measure.

@ Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, layover and people-watching, trinket shopping, etc (always cruising for items I can potentially make into a cool beer tap handle).
Having an excellent bacon, brie and tomato sandwich on olive ciabatta, with a Hansel lager on tap, at "Jackson's Pub" (dern good airport food compared to
most I've tried).
Sad to leave Africa but, very much looking forward to being with my young trophy wife (still only in her 50's lol) and our hideous mongrel (Teddy Roosevelt).
I am not rich or famous or remarkable in any way but, I sure am happy.

Last edited:
I'm rich in happiness; famous for being happy; and simply remarkably happy. My youngest grandchild calls me her "Happy Pappy". Just wish everyone could have such a grand life! It appears you too are one of the few with such.
Congratulations on your great hunt and happy life! Have a safe trip home!
Best
RW

@ Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport, layover and people-watching, trinket shopping, etc (always cruising for items I can potentially make into a cool beer tap handle).
Having an excellent bacon, brie and tomato sandwich on olive ciabatta, with a Hansel lager on tap, at "Jackson's Pub" (dern good airport food compared to
most I've tried).
Sad to leave Africa but, very much looking forward to being with my young trophy wife (still only in her 50's lol) and our hideous mongrel (Teddy Roosevelt).
I am not rich or famous or remarkable in any way but, I sure am happy.
A poet in our mist!!! I get it. Can't wait for your stories!

There is a wide distinction between rich and wealthy and I believe what you have shared so far are the things in life that denote richness. Being with family and or friends and all that brings, trusted companionship , good food and a shared enjoyment of a much anticipated experience. It dosn't have to include a safari hunt and could just as easily be a home based hunt, or as simple as watching a sunset come on with a loved one, relaxing in front of a campfire, walking along a creek or sitting under a tree. These are the things that bring richness to our lives.

Safe travels VeloDog! Time flies by, even when one is living vicariously through your trip.
Cheers,
Cody

You chaps are the best.

I think it is safe to say that AH members are "virtual" friends. Sharing our stories and experiences over a "virtual" beer enriches each and everyone of us. Thanks Velo Dog for doing your part.

Glad to hear you had a good time Paul !

I think it is safe to say that AH members are "virtual" friends. Sharing our stories and experiences over a "virtual" beer enriches each and everyone of us. Thanks Velo Dog for doing your part.
The Virtual First Round is on Me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg