The Longest 5 days Ever

Sleep getting tougher as the days tick down to one more at work then a night flight on Saturday. Excited beyond belief. The wife and I are packed up, Lori at Travel Express helped us tremendously with flight details. Now to power through the flight and on to an adventure.

I remember being in your shoes, it was like watching a pot boil. Several days from now time will be flying by. Enjoy your hunt, be willing to take what Africa gives you.

Enjoy your excursion...and best of luck on the news of a new job!
Have fun.

Five days. It really doesn't seem too long when you look at it on the calendar. But this week is going to be some of the longest. On Saturday, my wife and I finally board a plane to head to South Africa with Symbol Safaris. I am beyond excited. The last 2 years have included working a second job to put together extra cash, lots of range time, some gym time, getting clothes/boots together, etc.

To top it off, waiting to hear back on a potential new job after an interview on Sunday. So all rolled together, it's gonna be a jumpy, restless couple of days.
Been right where you are. It took five years to put my first trip to the RSA together and the closer it got the more it drove me nuts with anticipation, questions I would ask, things I wanted to see, and imagining what it would be like.

Needless to say my satisfaction was far, far beyond what I had ever hoped or dreamed.

Unfortunately it has instilled in me such a burning desire to be back ever possible time I can arrange it and I miss it every day I'm not there.

I hope you come back feeling the same.

One word (I guess it's a word) on reaching the African bush, otherworldly. Keep a journal and take lots of pics. Good luck on your hunt and new job prospects.

A week out I was fine .
The last day was an absolute killer !!!
All the bags and gear packed for a trip of a lifetime .
What had i forgotten ?
That bugged me badly all the way to Africa .
Enjoy your trip ,sounds liked yourve worked bloody hard for it .
Good luck .

best of luck :A Thumbs Up:

In a little over 24 hours boarding a plane to Dubai, then on to Joburg then to Port Elizabeth. Getting all the last second few details cleaned up. Making sure I got everything. Got a ride to and from JFK from friends so no hassle of parking the car. Life is good.

If you're taking your own rifles, check to see if the bolts are either in them or packed. :) Tick-Tock. :D

Just over a month ago I was in your shoes. Bring a notebook and take the time to jot down the day's events, it's surprising how the brain forgets things as time wears on. Take lots of pictures, we all want to hear your story upon return!

Have a great Safari!

Edge

Exciting times...keep records of your days events and STRAIGHT SHOOTING!!

Good luck with the hunt! I just left the PE airport two hours ago and I miss it already!

You've picked an interesting area for your first hunt - this is thick country. I think you will enjoy the challenge!

Good luck with the hunt! I just left the PE airport two hours ago and I miss it already!

You've picked an interesting area for your first hunt - this is thick country. I think you will enjoy the challenge!

Thanks Hank! Yes I think I will love it. I grew up in Eastern PA hunting whitetail in some fairly thick stuff. When I first saw picture of the area I thought it reminded me of an exotic version of southwestern MT. I am getting more and more excited.

Good luck on your hunt!

Back in the states just trying to find the time to put together a hunt report. The trip went extremely well and I want to do it justice in the report. The wife and I are already tossing around ideas of a return trip.

Sounds good, look forward to the report!

As I recall, in 2015 I had three months from finding out about safari opportunity to wheels in the well. Time did not go slowly for me -- getting passport, selecting and practicing with loads for .375 and .270, many of you know the drill... It was rather compacted! Worth the rush. No rush when I got there. Love African time. Looking forward to good reports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bafoyo4859

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.