The Longest 5 days Ever

Bsto270

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Five days. It really doesn't seem too long when you look at it on the calendar. But this week is going to be some of the longest. On Saturday, my wife and I finally board a plane to head to South Africa with Symbol Safaris. I am beyond excited. The last 2 years have included working a second job to put together extra cash, lots of range time, some gym time, getting clothes/boots together, etc.

To top it off, waiting to hear back on a potential new job after an interview on Sunday. So all rolled together, it's gonna be a jumpy, restless couple of days.

A few long days but then this weekend you will be setting your feet on South African soil! Best of luck on both fronts and look forward to the report!

Good luck on all counts. Africa will astound you, from there life can only get better while planning future trips. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your hunt report. Is your wife going to be hunting as well or observing?

wow it seems like it was just last week we started talking about you going to Africa. I am sure your ready to go and enjoy this trip and the family time. Good luck and looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back home

Great..where are you hunting in RSA?
Best of luck and have FUN!!

Good luck on all counts. Africa will astound you, from there life can only get better while planning future trips. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your hunt report. Is your wife going to be hunting as well or observing?

Wife is hunting on this trip. She insisted if I was going, she was going. I couldn't argue with that logic if it kept me going to Africa. She isn't much on shopping, and got her fill of photo safari last year when she went to Kenya to work at an orphanage and then took in a few days in the Massai Mara (spelling probably butchered). She wants to pursue Kudu and warthog in the worst way. I am setting my sights on bushbuck, bushpig, and mountain reedbuck.

Good luck.
Enjoy every minute.

Best of luck on the trip and the job! Look forward to hearing your report!

Good luck, you will enjoy the Eastern Cape.

Hey Bruce,
Eastern Cape on this one, it is my first.
Great..excellent hunting areas there.
If you pass via Cape Town, give me a shout. We can meet and chat over a beer/ wine/ coffee!

Wish you the best !

Five days. It really doesn't seem too long when you look at it on the calendar. But this week is going to be some of the longest. On Saturday, my wife and I finally board a plane to head to South Africa with Symbol Safaris. I am beyond excited. The last 2 years have included working a second job to put together extra cash, lots of range time, some gym time, getting clothes/boots together, etc.

To top it off, waiting to hear back on a potential new job after an interview on Sunday. So all rolled together, it's gonna be a jumpy, restless couple of days.
These waiting days might seem the longest but after you'r there the days will fly by even quicker than you can believe !!!

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! Yes, 4 days is only a touch easier but at least time is moving along.

Bsto270, I know the feeling of waiting those last few days before you leave. I and four others are leaving this Saturday for SA. We will be hunting the free state. Looking for a nice Eland and Black Wildebeest this time around. Good hunting in the Cape.

Getting closer....

We all know that feeling very well, shoot straight and have fun. Remember, you only get one first safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg