Thanks for the add

Thanks for the add. I saw a thread on the .303 and several contributors mentioned they wished for double rifle in .303 British. Attached are pictures of mine by way of introduction. 1934. Still tight. Heading to Africa next year for some plains game, its going with me.

View attachment 359473View attachment 359474View attachment 359475View attachment 359476View attachment 359477View attachment 359478View attachment 359479View attachment 359480
@ Mike Johnson
Welcome to AH mate.that little double is gorgeous. What brand is it.
I think you made a mistake posting it tho a lot of members will be drooling over it and offers to try it out will be numerous.
If you want me to try it on Australian game I would be more than happy to do it for you.
What weight projectiles is it regulated for.
Bob

@ Mike Johnson
Welcome to AH mate.that little double is gorgeous. What brand is it.
I think you made a mistake posting it tho a lot of members will be drooling over it and offers to try it out will be numerous.
If you want me to try it on Australian game I would be more than happy to do it for you.
What weight projectiles is it regulated for.
Bob
Its a Simpson. 174grain. I'm lucky in that 180s work as well as the sights allow. I've shot 174s and I cant see at difference to 75 yards. It does well enough with 150s. I'm working up 215s. And will see what they do. It is my least temperamental double ive owned. If I make it to your beautiful country will let you throw some lead. Thanks for the compliment. I'm kinda partial to the rifle. Like they say, your double rifle is your best friend. Lol

Welcome to AH Mike!

Welcome to the AH community Mike. From the looks of your gun of choice, you are going to fit in just dandy.

Welcome to AH! Congrats, on owning such a beautiful rifle!

Hello and welcome!

Mike, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of excellent info here! Enjoy researching it.

Welcome aboard Mike!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemsbond

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.