Thanks for the add

Thanks for the add. I saw a thread on the .303 and several contributors mentioned they wished for double rifle in .303 British. Attached are pictures of mine by way of introduction. 1934. Still tight. Heading to Africa next year for some plains game, its going with me.

View attachment 359473View attachment 359474View attachment 359475View attachment 359476View attachment 359477View attachment 359478View attachment 359479View attachment 359480
@ Mike Johnson
Welcome to AH mate.that little double is gorgeous. What brand is it.
I think you made a mistake posting it tho a lot of members will be drooling over it and offers to try it out will be numerous.
If you want me to try it on Australian game I would be more than happy to do it for you.
What weight projectiles is it regulated for.
Bob
 
@ Mike Johnson
Welcome to AH mate.that little double is gorgeous. What brand is it.
I think you made a mistake posting it tho a lot of members will be drooling over it and offers to try it out will be numerous.
If you want me to try it on Australian game I would be more than happy to do it for you.
What weight projectiles is it regulated for.
Bob
Its a Simpson. 174grain. I'm lucky in that 180s work as well as the sights allow. I've shot 174s and I cant see at difference to 75 yards. It does well enough with 150s. I'm working up 215s. And will see what they do. It is my least temperamental double ive owned. If I make it to your beautiful country will let you throw some lead. Thanks for the compliment. I'm kinda partial to the rifle. Like they say, your double rifle is your best friend. Lol
 
Welcome to AH Mike!
 
Welcome to the AH community Mike. From the looks of your gun of choice, you are going to fit in just dandy.
 
Welcome to AH! Congrats, on owning such a beautiful rifle!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Lovely, Lots of history with the .303 in South Africa and lots of people still hunting with them.
Great looking rifle as well
 
Mike, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of excellent info here! Enjoy researching it.
 
Welcome aboard Mike!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,891
Members
169,195
Latest member
Lester5301
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top