Texas sailfish

Seavas

AH veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2018
Messages
163
Reaction score
397
Location
TX
Media
69
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Took our boat out last weekend for one last hurrah before the new owners hauled her off. Slow stormy day but got a good bite late in the day resulting in a nice Texas Sailfish.

DSC_0103-1.jpg

DSC_0174-1.jpg
 
How common is it to catch sailfish out of Texas? This post makes me like there is so much I am missing out on!
 
Please dont tell me it was catch and release?!
 
Any day on the water is a good day..... Been too long since I was on blue water, but its worth the drive to the coast from Austin!
 
Well done! Beautiful fish. Sorry you are selling your rig.

Never caught a sail off Texas (or Louisiana for that matter) but have had a ball tangling with them off Costa Rica.

Absolutely catch and release with sailfish @mark-hunter
 
Envy! A fine trophy! Pictures are worth a lot more than dead stuff when it comes to beautiful trophy fish IMO! It will be even bigger the next time!
 
How common is it to catch sailfish out of Texas? This post makes me like there is so much I am missing out on!
Billfish are not as prevalent as in other places like Costa Rica, but are common enough to actually target them. The run to productive waters is fairly long depending on what port you leave from. We usually start fishing about 75mi out.

Envy! A fine trophy! Pictures are worth a lot more than dead stuff when it comes to beautiful trophy fish IMO! It will be even bigger the next time!
Absolutely. Thats the great thing about sportfishing that many countries are realizing. A trophy fish can be released to potentially be caught over and over again making that fish more valuable alive than dead.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,365
Members
169,344
Latest member
linebet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top