Talley base problem!

Travis2282

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I purchased a new Leupold vx6 last week and I just received my talley 2 piece bases and QD rings for my Winchester safari express .375HH. First thing I noticed was the body drilled holes in the bases for the torx screws are very tight. All seemed ok though after I pushed the threads through the holes the screw would still turn freely. So I installed the rear base and it was very tight to screw the 2nd screw in. Something seemed a little off, everything was locked down and I can see a few thousands worth of gap through the back right corner between the base and action. I took the base back off tried again and same thing! Took it back off and now I can see where the threads have made lines on the side in the body drilled holes! Has anyone had issues like this!? I was thinking of just reaming the holes a few thousands larger and maybe this will fix the problem!

front and rear in the right spots?

Yes front went on perfect. I just reamed holes .003 larger and turned heads down a few thousands also. I will see how she fits in a bit!

Are both installed backwards? They will install 180 degree incorrect sometimes.

Also, there are 3-4 different depths of screws included. Did you make sure the right height screw is in the right spot?

Yes right screws are in right spots the back base could be turned around 180 but if I did it would overhang into the ejection port.

IMG_3439.JPG

Glad you got it worked out. Fine looking rifle. I just picked up my Safari Express in .375 H&H a day ago. I'll be ordering the same Talley bases and 30mm rings this week. Hopefully mine go on smoothly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalPendley

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double