Talley base problem!

Travis2282

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I purchased a new Leupold vx6 last week and I just received my talley 2 piece bases and QD rings for my Winchester safari express .375HH. First thing I noticed was the body drilled holes in the bases for the torx screws are very tight. All seemed ok though after I pushed the threads through the holes the screw would still turn freely. So I installed the rear base and it was very tight to screw the 2nd screw in. Something seemed a little off, everything was locked down and I can see a few thousands worth of gap through the back right corner between the base and action. I took the base back off tried again and same thing! Took it back off and now I can see where the threads have made lines on the side in the body drilled holes! Has anyone had issues like this!? I was thinking of just reaming the holes a few thousands larger and maybe this will fix the problem!

front and rear in the right spots?

Yes front went on perfect. I just reamed holes .003 larger and turned heads down a few thousands also. I will see how she fits in a bit!

Are both installed backwards? They will install 180 degree incorrect sometimes.

Also, there are 3-4 different depths of screws included. Did you make sure the right height screw is in the right spot?

Yes right screws are in right spots the back base could be turned around 180 but if I did it would overhang into the ejection port.

IMG_3439.JPG

Glad you got it worked out. Fine looking rifle. I just picked up my Safari Express in .375 H&H a day ago. I'll be ordering the same Talley bases and 30mm rings this week. Hopefully mine go on smoothly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross