Stop in for Supper, friend

20260928_175523.jpg


Nothing fancy tonight. Pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and cabbage sauteed in some bacon greese.
 
Tonight it’s gonna be what I’ll call “surf & quack”, caught a dozen nice blue crabs in the bay last night and I’m trying to clean out the freezer getting ready for this fall’s hunting.
Found a couple of January gadwall so i thawed them out and searing over hot coals.
Should be pretty good.
The crabs were cleaned and steamed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3921.jpeg
    IMG_3921.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
Just some boiled fresh local shrimp tonight. I do make some stout cocktail sauce.

Right now is the time that we are getting really nice white shrimp.
Probably going to pick up 30-40 pounds tomorrow. I'll whip up some cool shrimp dish before the weekend is over.

White shrimp season is hard to beat. Thirty pounds disappears surprisingly fast once the cocktail sauce comes out :)
 
@Field28 and @goldenledger98 , what country do y’all prefer?
We normally get 50# of 12-16 count and 20# of 16-20’s. We’re pretty lucky , my wife has a cousin that shrimps and he sells them to us off the boat unless I can get away and go with him and “work” for our shrimp.
 
White shrimp season is hard to beat. Thirty pounds disappears surprisingly fast once the cocktail sauce comes out :)

Thirty pounds will probably be a good start. I am thinking that I'm going to have to add another freezer to the garage. Between shrimp, venison and catfish from a couple of upcoming bush hooking trips, Im filling up fast.
 
@Field28 and @goldenledger98 , what country do y’all prefer?
We normally get 50# of 12-16 count and 20# of 16-20’s. We’re pretty lucky , my wife has a cousin that shrimps and he sells them to us off the boat unless I can get away and go with him and “work” for our shrimp.

It really depends on how I'm cooking them. Grilling or boiling, I like a larger shrimp. Frying, I definitely like a little smaller shrimp. Creole, jambalaya, shrimp and grits etc, I could go either way.
 
Cooked shrimp fried rice on the Blackstone :LOL:

IMG_9840.jpeg


Wife cooked a short rib soup, one of my favorites.

IMG_9796.jpeg
 
Love Ox Tail soup, or in a tomatoe base sauce like my mom cooks it. I remember when stores couldn’t give Ox Tail away, now the prices are ridiculous. :(
 
My two finest rams that I ever produced wouldn’t sell at my price. So being a practical man, rather than give all my years of breeding away for $79/cwt, I slaughtered them, hung them for 10 days and processed the saddle of each for the table and froze the rest for the dogs.

387#’s of mutton. I think they look glorious.

We have a thread for cigars, another for whiskey. Figured I’d invite a crowd and start a thread for what is for dinner tonight.

View attachment 693933
Those are awesome cuts!
 
Well I made a venison Kibbeh kebab with home made taziki sauce and cous cous for diner but my fat ass ate it without taking a picture
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,685
Members
169,605
Latest member
ArthurGag
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top