Stop in for Supper, friend

My two finest rams that I ever produced wouldn’t sell at my price. So being a practical man, rather than give all my years of breeding away for $79/cwt, I slaughtered them, hung them for 10 days and processed the saddle of each for the table and froze the rest for the dogs.

387#’s of mutton. I think they look glorious.

We have a thread for cigars, another for whiskey. Figured I’d invite a crowd and start a thread for what is for dinner tonight.

View attachment 693933
Do you have pictures of these two rams? I’d love to see the quality you describe.
 
That looks 1000 times better than whatever they're going to feed me on this flight to Johannesburg here in a couple of hours.
I would trade the bone in ribeye and the NY strip we had last night to be headed back to Africa!
Somewhere in the coals is an Irish potato for me and a sweet potato for the wife would be thrown in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3791.jpeg
    IMG_3791.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
Just back from a successful Alaskan trip. Blackened sockeye with a nice rice pilaf and a green salad. It’s what’s for supper

IMG_1564.jpeg


IMG_1565.jpeg
 
Loin from a 120ish pound hog from last season. Served over cilantro lime rice with some chorizo and Hatch chili beans. Mexican cornbread. A nice Willamette Valley Pinot to accompany. It’s what’s for supper

IMG_1615.jpeg




IMG_1616.jpeg



IMG_1619.jpeg
 
Been doing some crabbing down on the bay, had about a pound and a half of picked out claw meat. I combined this with 2 pounds of 12-14 count white shrimp cut into thirds and sautéed in garlic butter, added a cream sauce and some angel hair pasta. Pretty darn tasty!

Waiting on the wife to get back in town to make some crab cakes and crab au-gratin with the 3 pounds of lump meat.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3847.jpeg
    IMG_3847.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Played it “comfort food” last night. A nice tuna casserole made with a bechamel cheese sauce. Some sorta vinto tinto.
IMG_1634.jpeg


IMG_1636.jpeg



A little more sophisticated tonight. Wahoo fish tacos caught on the Outer Banks. Mexican beans and corn tortillas. A nice red. It’s what’s for supper.


IMG_1642.jpeg




IMG_1644.jpeg



IMG_4820.jpeg
 
Tonight... Surf and Turf tacos.
Fresh grilled local shrimp and venison hind quarter steaks marinated in lime juice, cracked black pepper, Himalayan salt, fresh pressed garlic, chilli powder and a little olive oil. Some sauteed bell peppers and vidalias with the usual other accompaniments. Also some incredible Spanish rice.


20260813_174859.jpg


20260813_174853.jpg


20260813_175847.jpg
 
We had a old stew/ soup I am not sure what you actually call it. It was something my aunt made and she said it went back to her childhood.

Took some beef soup bones and simmer them for hrs salt , pepper, paprika, and home made pepper / wild garlic vinegar.
Then put a few lbs of small new potatoes and simmer until done.
Took the potatoes out a bit of the broth put some butter in them and kinda mashed with the forks (not like mashed potatoes)
Some sourdough bread to go with it.

Left overs tomorrow cooked with fresh eggs and cheese like a egg casserole
 
You out on the Gordo Banks?
Don’t have a clue. Just back from a trip to La Paz Mexico for tuna and dorado. Home 5 days then off to the Outer Banks. Boated 11 wahoo first morning
 
Tripletail fried with panko in coconut oil with coconut rice and a salad. Topped with home made pineapple salsa. Fish was very close to 20 lbs and also made some more pineapple ceviche but took no photo
IMG_1183.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1190.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
Spent a day on the gulf last week in Panama City Beach. Pretty good day, 8 of us limited on vermillion snapper and red snapper, we also caught a king mackerel 1 legal triggerfish and on the way through the bay to the gulf we caught 22 Spanish mackerel.
I brined some Spanish and smoked it Sunday. Made some really good dip and smoked mackerel salad.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0839.jpeg
    IMG_0839.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
Spent a day on the gulf last week in Panama City Beach. Pretty good day, 8 of us limited on vermillion snapper and red snapper, we also caught a king mackerel 1 legal triggerfish and on the way through the bay to the gulf we caught 22 Spanish mackerel.
I brined some Spanish and smoked it Sunday. Made some really good dip and smoked mackerel salad.
Spanish are so underrated. Fresh, they are one of the cleanest fish I've tasted. Congrats!! Who did you sail with?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,615
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top