Stop in for Supper, friend

Betterinthebush

AH elite
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Messages
1,343
Reaction score
5,380
Location
South Alabama
Media
43
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Lower 48, Alaska, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
My two finest rams that I ever produced wouldn’t sell at my price. So being a practical man, rather than give all my years of breeding away for $79/cwt, I slaughtered them, hung them for 10 days and processed the saddle of each for the table and froze the rest for the dogs.

387#’s of mutton. I think they look glorious.

We have a thread for cigars, another for whiskey. Figured I’d invite a crowd and start a thread for what is for dinner tonight.

image.jpg
 
That looks great. I've got a pan of beans and a skillet of chicken thighs in a homemade apricot BBQ sauce going on the Traeger.

IMG_0014.jpeg
 
I don't do mutton. I can play like I am impressed with lamb.
 
IMG_5733.jpeg

Also a porchetta I made the back straps are from a wild hog but ours don’t have enough fat for the belly. So that’s a Costco stunt pig. I highly recommend this for feeding a camp full of men! Weighed almost 17lbs when done before I cooked it.
 
Dinner is usually my lightest meal of the day. One thing that I like to cook (especially in the summer) is chicken piccata. I'll usually get some chicken breasts from the store and butterfly them. The tops get made into a piccata and the bottoms get cubed up for chicken tacos. Here's dinner for one with a bit of angel hair pasta & a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

AH_Chicken_Piccata.jpg
 
Dinner is usually my lightest meal of the day. One thing that I like to cook (especially in the summer) is chicken piccata. I'll usually get some chicken breasts from the store and butterfly them. The tops get made into a piccata and the bottoms get cubed up for chicken tacos. Here's dinner for one with a bit of angel hair pasta & a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

View attachment 693944
Love chicken and veal piccata my wife cooks that a good bit always a hit in our house!
 
@thriller i love raw pictures. Here’s the rams on my rail in pic#1, a portion of the shoulder and neck of one half of a ram (the packs share) for my handler to feed while I’m on safari in pic#2, and loin chops of one side of saddle in pic#3

Thanks for sharing all your work and love of good food.


IMG_8968.jpeg
IMG_8971.jpeg
IMG_8972.jpeg
 
I love mutton and those chops look absolutely mouthwatering ! Whenever I’m in New York, I always grab a rare mutton chop at the legendary Keen’s Steakhouse.

I love cooking too. These are pan seared Sambar venison backstrap steaks (rested in dry aged beef fat), sunny side up fried eggs, thrice fried goose fat potato wedges & Chimichurri sauce.
IMG_3751.jpeg
 
Last edited:
My two finest rams that I ever produced wouldn’t sell at my price. So being a practical man, rather than give all my years of breeding away for $79/cwt, I slaughtered them, hung them for 10 days and processed the saddle of each for the table and froze the rest for the dogs.

387#’s of mutton. I think they look glorious.

We have a thread for cigars, another for whiskey. Figured I’d invite a crowd and start a thread for what is for dinner tonight.

View attachment 693933
You talking of breeding rams. My dad years ago crossed cracker cows with angus. I sure he was not the first. But the crackers and longhorn here was going out of favor for beef cattle. But we thought the cross made some of the best beef.

Now for supper
Deer stew with potatoes,sweet potato’s, tomato,cauball pepper , carrots and a few snapbeens and souredough bread
 
I love mutton and those chops look absolutely mouthwatering ! Whenever I’m in New York, I always grab a rare mutton chop at the legendary Keen’s Steakhouse.

I love cooking too. These are pan seared Sambar venison backstrap steaks (rested in dry aged beef fat), sunny side up fried eggs, thrice fried goose fat potato wedges & Chimichurri sauce.
View attachment 693961
looks good I love chimichurri
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,781
Members
169,168
Latest member
PrinceRene
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top