Stolen Horns - First Post

Along with quite a few others in the area, our PA hunting cabin was burglarized last year. They actually kicked in the back door. The only thing missing were some boxes of ammo. Two occupied houses a half mile away were also hit and had prescription drugs taken. The opiod epidemic is everywhere and an addict will go to any length to get money. These incidents drove home the fact that I'm not living in the same world in which I grew up. We lived in a subdivision and left our doors open and keys in our vehicles. Even if it is only a stand alone one, I would advise everyone to have an alarm system installed, especially those living in the boondocks and only see a couple cars a day go by. I did and got a break on my home owner's insurance policy.
 
Hello Everyone,

I had my home burglarized and of some of the items stolen, the thieves took the horns off of my Kudu Mount and my Gemsbok. Really, they could have taken just about everything in the place but that was the one that hurt the most.

So, I have these nice shoulder mounts and would like to try to replace the horns. Any ideas or suggestions?

Am I just going back to Africa again?

Thanks, Eric

Eric, sorry to hear about your troubles. You basically have two options. Either you have to come and hunt Africa again, or I can see if I can find and ship a set of Kudu and Gemsbuck horns to you. Please email me with field photos of your two animals, and which area you are situated in, then we can take it from there.

I can be reached at: info@huntsafaris.co.za

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 
There are usually gemsbok and kudu horns on ebay.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,489
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top