Stolen Horns - First Post

Along with quite a few others in the area, our PA hunting cabin was burglarized last year. They actually kicked in the back door. The only thing missing were some boxes of ammo. Two occupied houses a half mile away were also hit and had prescription drugs taken. The opiod epidemic is everywhere and an addict will go to any length to get money. These incidents drove home the fact that I'm not living in the same world in which I grew up. We lived in a subdivision and left our doors open and keys in our vehicles. Even if it is only a stand alone one, I would advise everyone to have an alarm system installed, especially those living in the boondocks and only see a couple cars a day go by. I did and got a break on my home owner's insurance policy.

Hello Everyone,

I had my home burglarized and of some of the items stolen, the thieves took the horns off of my Kudu Mount and my Gemsbok. Really, they could have taken just about everything in the place but that was the one that hurt the most.

So, I have these nice shoulder mounts and would like to try to replace the horns. Any ideas or suggestions?

Am I just going back to Africa again?

Thanks, Eric

Eric, sorry to hear about your troubles. You basically have two options. Either you have to come and hunt Africa again, or I can see if I can find and ship a set of Kudu and Gemsbuck horns to you. Please email me with field photos of your two animals, and which area you are situated in, then we can take it from there.

I can be reached at: info@huntsafaris.co.za

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

There are usually gemsbok and kudu horns on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!