Stoeger Coach

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Well, no one, ever wants to go, so .. trying to film, shoot, etc. by yourself? However, idk what it's choked, but had success, it was fun.
This had to go back to Stoeger years ago. The Supreme, (alleged known problem) would hand up on the right Barrel, consistently.
1712699045441.png

image.jpg

I would’ve loved to come with you-yada yada yada something about time and distance.
Can’t remember exactly but I think this was a stoeger coach. I bought it in non working order for this taxidermy piece. It’s one of the few older ones I have kept around, not perfect but I still love it.

View attachment 599131
I would’ve loved to come with you-yada yada yada something about time and distance.
Can’t remember exactly but I think this was a stoeger coach. I bought it in non working order for this taxidermy piece. It’s one of the few older ones I have kept around, not perfect but I still love it.
Thats a beautiful example! "Thanks for sharing". Laid up here for a long time, it was simply nice to get out. This tremendous clearing not far from home allows individuals to shoot, & the place is to yourself.
It had to go back to Stoeger yrs ago, I later found these hang up were disappointingly common in the Supreme. 100 Steel Shot's in two days & it's still working as it should, knock on wood.

Surface Video.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be buying one of those
My old Rossi coach gun never failed with its two big external hammers, the mate Boito coach Hammerless went bang every time as well.
Both cheap as chips in the day but they worked.
Bob
Like a lot now, they don't make things like they used to. It was sent back in 2018 & still came back with a loose forend .. Lord. But they market one for Defense, rails for red dot's flashlights, all this useless crap for a defense scenario lmao! God help us.

Where in the hell could you do that? Or are you one of the poachers that everyone here heartily condemns to Hell?
Perfectly legal. Hunted on a place with tons of blue quail and a lot of bobs in west Texas. Ranch owner was a serious quail hunter. Quail hunting to him was bobs. He wanted us to kill as many blues as we could. All within daily bag limits. We gladly did so! Was it sporting? Perhaps not. Was it fun? Sure was! Did they eat great? Yes sir.

I guess I shouldn’t tell you what our mandate on feral cats was on that ranch either. :).

Perfectly legal. Hunted on a place with tons of blue quail and a lot of bobs in west Texas. Ranch owner was a serious quail hunter. Quail hunting to him was bobs. He wanted us to kill as many blues as we could. All within daily bag limits. We gladly did so! Was it sporting? Perhaps not. Was it fun? Sure was! Did they eat great? Yes sir.

I guess I shouldn’t tell you what our mandate on feral cats was on that ranch either. :).
@RR314
Feral cats are regarded as target practice to be shot in sight with whatever you have in your hands.
Bob

Yep, too many cats, not enough recipes! :)

@Daniel Cary, understand about no one wanting to go to the range… many with a lot of hot internet air. Enjoyed that video, well done
Thank you, really. You know, sometimes things, practice. ,etc is better by yourself. I haven't shot at clays since a teenager. "Half a box of clay were just spent practicing throws" ie.

Sat in garage forever, ammo's been here just as long= Inexpensive day.

Yes sir. Just never know what offends these days. Shooting quail on the ground, or cats on the run, can be “offensive” to some. :)
RR 314
Running or sitting still cats in the bush =means shooting them regardless of what people say
Bob

That's interesting, thank you!
Practicality aside, just to know .. anything's possible.
Why is this not practical? I'd think a SxS with ejectors would be incredibly practical.

@RR314 —- Feral Cats are a poor mans Lion Hunt - nasty little bitches, dangerous to any animal their size or smaller….I think they will survive a Nuclear Bomb and outlast Cockroaches.

View attachment 599131
@Firebird - that’s the perfect use for a “Stoeger” - it’s Less likely to be a good firearm then that duck is gonna fly again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryedulk

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.