Spear hunting africa

10408883_571436699650969_2943711811686729087_n.jpg

done well mate.....
that spearhead is quite large isn't it .
willem who took that picture ?

...a defining split second moment in time [history?] in this spear hunters live and efforts after years of fruitless and foiled stalks, heat, sweat, ticks, thirst, body ace's, frustrations etc. [you name it!]...

I'm privileged and blessed to finally could have stalked this close with my spear with not much cover for help.
This one will go down for me as one of my best and finest ethical stalks and hunts in my life,and surpasses anything that I've done with my rifle,handgun or bow in more than 40 years of hunting!

Now I can finally sit back and think of the tale I'm going to tell my grandson around a future campfire with a photo as proof [and inspire?] him to maybe one day also took up the ethical spear hunting challenge...[?]
View attachment 31180

u6yrv.png
, the razor sharp spear blade is still in it's protective sheath here...
the property owner who dropped me off that morning took this picture of me,
the other one's I managed to extract from a go-pro movie clip of my adventure....
here is another one

primitive hunting with spears , and photography with all the mod cons , I like your style , cobber............(y)(y)(y)(y)

aah bluey, i got this go-pro recently to show my friends around the campfire that my hunting is not just old wife's tales and ramblings--here is the PROOF now that some old guy can have some solo antics out there ,AND enjoy the failures!!! [lol!]

l salute thee ......
you are living proof of one who hunts for the experience .

watermark.php

My 'trophy' Warthog boar spear hunted a while ago the ethical solo walk-and-stalk way with a cold steel boar spear. Spear thrown at 7-8 m on the right side. Spear penetrated right through and the terrible but effective exit wound on the left side are shown here. I am blessed to have achieved one of my burning hunting dreams of many- many years, and as far as I can tell, not many ordinary hunters in the world have done this on foot without dogs etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
way to go , young fella
ha ha ha , any gravel rash this time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:D

Good job Willhem.(y)

Any more interesting videos of you hunting the hogs?:)

Absolutely awesome achievement.

Congratulations on a great trophy taken the hard way.

My bladed hunting tools with .357 magnum back-up....
Studio_20160210_172207.jpg

E2FA335D685C446FADC219BD171AF42D.JPG

6E862FBF9F4B4BC7A2DADF3170D555D9.JPG

FB_IMG_1458138771022.jpg

FB_IMG_1458138722434.jpg

Studio_20160325_064338.jpg

'Survival' Spear-hunting require patience for one....
[as you expert trigger-pullers Blue ,Mike and others know...lol ]:LOL::LOL:

If you want to solo still/ambush hunt wild animals out of a tree the 'primitive' way with just a cs boar spear in a 'survival' situation in a dry,hot and 'open' vegetation terrain, you must have patience, luck ,skills and some related knowledge...
[The sun is NOT your friend in this specific scenario ... bloody hot, thirsty and a shifting silhouette/shadow that were quit nicely concealed that morning thank you...eish! ]
Oh, and did I mentioned tons of patience and the unexpected/unthinking about ? lol
I was sitting dead still up in that tree during the dry winter [no leaves] hunting with only my cs boar spear for about 6 hours.
Some game [Impala, Water-buck, but no warthog!] came close investigating the bait , but the shifting shadow as time passes was the determining factor here.
As you all know animals are very good at picking up on something "unnatural." Smell [wind], noise or the sight of me up in that tree were not the problem....
Something as innocent and natural like the passing of time[ sun) , foiled this hunt.
You must learn to adapt to different seasons [venues] and vegetation etc situations outside of your known comfort zone, as the circumstances/terrain differ from place to place and are NOT always ideal like on tv...
It's actually quit logical thinking about it now afterwards , but at the time I thought that after such a long time in place, it would maybe 'blend in' and be regarded by the wild animals as just another shadow on the ground,as warthogs doesn't look up....
I was wrong!

14222370_290175151345317_3589719084572373507_n.jpg

Another lesson learned.

Studio_20161216_121749.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primeloanskotak

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.