South Africa vs. Namibia?

And most likely, shooters in Uk in such hunts will wear tweed and tie...

Hunter_D we have just what you are looking for.
6 of the 8 ranches we own is all free range in the Kalahari.
Plenty of gemsbuck, springbuck, wildebeest, hartebeest, kudu, eland, warthogs, ostrich, steenbuck, duiker, etc. are on the open cattle ranches. On the 2 adjoining high fenced ranches (roughly 20 000 acres in one open block no internal fences) we have more species like lion, buffalo, giraffe, sable, roan, waterbuck, etc. We are situated in South Africa but close to where Namibia S.A. and Botswana get together. Just east of Kgalagadi Gemsbuck National Park.
You can hunt both areas as they are only 2 hours drive apart and then decide where you rather want to be.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
I have hunted with de Klerk twice, and they do a great job.

Brother Hunter_D just make sure that where ever you hunt you ask for a :" Op staan rib" . Unless you are are Vegan , any outfitted will love to make this tasty treat for you. And no, it is no funny meat involved

Brother Hunter_D just make sure that where ever you hunt you ask for a :" Op staan rib" . Unless you are are Vegan , any outfitted will love to make this tasty treat for you. And no, it is no funny meat involved
Just bring your cholesterol pills.....

Hunter_D:

I have hunted Namibia twice and South Africa once, spending a month on each trip, but do not claim to be an expert. We have hunts (2ea) in both countries on hold until travel restrictions can get better sorted. We have also toured other African countries without hunting them (yet). The internet can be your friend for information as well as your enemy. More often than not the bad information rises to the top. Many people get turned off by a fence without understanding how big 5K, 10K and more acres really is. Also, there is a big difference between a fenced ranch in Africa and a fenced deer ranch in South Texas.

We used a service to get our guns through customs in South Africa so I have no idea how difficult it really is. This service costs slightly more than a good bottle of single malt whisky and well worth it. I wish this service was offered in the US because CBP in the US is a consistent pain in the backside for gun travel. As far as security goes, your Outfitter/PH will keep you out of trouble.

We had great trips in both countries and are booked to hunt both again. After hours of research and miles of walking the DSC floor, we booked our first safari to get it out of our system. However, we ended up with an infection that can only be calmed by another trip.

You will have a great hunt in either country if you book with a reputable outfitter/PH. Go soon and enjoy. You will not regret it.

Safe travels and safe hunting..............Larry

This is just my opinion from hunting 2 places in Namibia and 3 in south Africa.
Our first hunt was in Namibia no high fences. I wouldn't trade the trip for anything.
I have found that most of the game behind a large high fence can be harder to get on than ones that aren't. Maybe they are pushed more than low fence areas, I don't know. Maybe no one else has had that same experience.
This may seem strange but one of our critiques is that the lodging not be just a house to stay in. I feel cheated if there's not a lodge and the place isn't Africa looking. Just us ! It has nothing to do with the hunting, just total experience. Just like KMG Safaris, I have never been there but will. Not only because I've heard great things but have you seen photos of there lodge and rooms ? My wife says were going there sometime just because of that. I also hunted with Karoo Wild safaris and loved there set up !
I have hunted South Africa more because of the prices and more species that we wanted. Nambia runs a little more money but well worth it.
We have another trip coming up in 2022 in South Africa and than the Next one will be back to Namibia !
Everyone has given great advice here and I love hunting either Country.
Its hard to know what you will like until you've experienced it. So use good research and info given here and book an adventure.
100_0584.JPG

100_0375.JPG

Our lodge and rooms in Namibia on our first hunt. A great Africa atmosphere !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg