SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Lioness & PG Hunt My Return To The Wait a Minute Bush

What a great hunt report. And that Gemsbok is a stud. Congrats on the big cat as well.

Day 6: Loodt and I teamed up with the other hunters to help scout and spot for the remaining two kudu that they needed. I welcomed this as I felt that it would be fun observing the kudu hunts. It did not take long for my neighbor's brother to put a nice warthog and kudu bull down. As we were recovering the bull from the top of a mountain we got word that their 73 year old father also had a nice bull down. I was in total disbelief that Loodt's concession could produce nice quality trophies that way it was. We recovered the first bull and went after the second. One bull at sundown and two more before noon the next morning! This concession has some serious kudu. I did spend some time shooting vervet monkeys as this is something that I did not have the chance to do on my previous hunt.
kudu.jpg

That evening we went out for me to look for the "right" bull. We found a few shooters for me in some really remote spots but always out of range. We ran out of light before we would ever be able to make the stalk through the rough terrain. Loodt's PH Lammy knows this ranch well and we saw tons of kudu. Many of them were very respectable Cape Kudu bulls but I passed. Looking back on it I wish that I had not passed on some of them.

Last edited:
Oh man this report is killing me, I can't wait to be there. Awesome!!!!!!!

Day 7: We spent the morning collecting all of the game and trophies and headed back to the Tootabi Lodge. We took time to get our gear organized and get ourselves cleaned up. This day was kind of a down day to rest as we had all pushed ourselves hard. Later in the day we all decided that a game drive at Schotia Safaris would be kind of fun just to view game including members of the dangerous 7. I really appreciated this as I like to shoot with my Canon almost as much as any gun. We had some close encounters with them including a rhino who took exception to our bakkie. She decided to use the front grill guard as a sparring partner with all of us in it. It was amazing how she pushed the bakkie around. This was a once in a million opportunity to be in a bakkie with a rhino sparring with it! We were able to see numerous plains game and 6 of the dangerous 7. The photo safari ended with a great meal of African flare at their lodge.
IMG_8983.jpg

Rhino taking exception to the bakkie:

IMG_9074.JPG

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9140.JPG
IMG_9117.jpg
IMG_9115.JPG
IMG_9203.JPG

Sounds like you had a very fun and exciting hunt. Congrats on the nice trophies!

Oh man this report is killing me, I can't wait to be there. Awesome!!!!!!!

Thing is Gizmo you will get there have a great hunt and before you get home you will begin planning the next trip.

Way to go Dave!

P.S. I'm in the airport on my way over now.

Thing is Gizmo you will get there have a great hunt and before you get home you will begin planning the next trip.
Lol, I've been planning my next one for the last few months and haven't even got there yet!

Great report. Nice trophies! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for a Great report. I have 113 days before my next hunt in Africa. John

Looking forward in having you and Ann here @ActionBob

Enjoy the hunt up North, and remember to take lots of pictures. I need to see them all on your way to the EC later.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing and congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois