SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Lioness & PG Hunt My Return To The Wait a Minute Bush

Tim,

I cannot wait to see your hunt report!

Dave

Thank you for the kind words my friend! Loodt and his staff made it easy for me to write my timeline with such a great hunt.

David - great report and congratulations on your adventure!

Loodt, Pieter & Companies - you guys are awesome!

My two-day stay with Loodt in January (side trip from a business trip) allows me to say that David's experience of hospitality is no fluke. The Buchner's are genuine and great people. If you don't love them after staying with them, then you are the problem! :)

35 days until wheels up to Tootabi!

Tim

Thanks Brother @tarbe your stay with us now in May would even surpass what you have seen and experienced in January. The waiting "kills" me however, the old saying that good things takes time so I suppose we have to sit and count the days off the calendar.

Take care, start packing and see you in a couple of moons!

Warbird,

Congratulations!

Your lioness hunt is so similar to mine. The long tracking, the hunter being hunted by the prey. Just awesome!. My lioness charge is burned in my mind forever.

I finished my spiral horn slam with a Nyala.

Now to just get back for the leopard.

Good hunting.

Thank you Roger! This is a hunt I will never forget. Next up is buff. It looks like we are from some of the same territory. I live up in Fargo.
Dave

Last edited:
It has been a few months since my very successful hunt with Loodt and @Tootabi Hunting Safaris. I look at the pictures daily and reminisce about the great time I had. I got word 2 weeks back that my trophies landed in the US. Thankfully they made it to Chicago 2 days BEFORE Delta shut down shipping any of the Big 5. Today I felt like a kid at Christmas digging into my crate at my taxidermist's studio. My lioness, sable, eland, and bushbuck still need to be tanned and mounted but I did get to bring some of my critters home. My wife was along and let's just say that she was less than thrilled with the puff adder skin! Here are some photos of what I have now.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Initially I was only going to euro my eland and possibly mount so I kept the cape but had Paul at Relive euro it. After waiting these last few months I have decided that I will have him wall pedestal mounted. Until the cape gets tanned the Euro will hang on the wall. I measured the horns today and they are just over 36".
image.jpg

Dave,
Great trophies and memories! I can't wait for my hunt next month and can't believe it's finally here.
Mike

Wow Dave!
You look like a kid at Christmas who just opened his presents! Love the snake skin... Is that a cabinet door to be installed in the kitchen?

That is a downright "proper" Kudu and deserves a pedestal mount.
Bob

Bob, it feels like Christmas! The cabinet door is in my gun/reloading room. My wife would freak if that skin were to be placed anywhere in the kitchen.

It is Christmas in August. My trophies from last year cleared US a Customs today and US Fish and Wildlife last Friday . So Laura at D&L CHB says I'll have them end of the week. Exciting stuff to remember the hunt!
Congrats Warbird.

@Warbird782 glad to see your trophies landed on State-side. That to me is the completion of a hunt in Africa and am very pleased to know that you received all your trophies in good order. Your hunt was memorable and in many ways a first! Thanks for choosing Tootabi Hunting & Safaris and we would like to see you soon again!

I have to quit peeking at these threads about trophies coming back.

Making me get a twitch!

Glad your stuff has made it home safe Dave!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamcoUlt

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you