Sounds like a good time, congratulations on adding the blue duiker to your tiny ten list, looks like a beautiful area to hunt, looking forward to the rest of the safari. Those are some nice really clear pictures as well.
Thanks you. These are with the iPhone 11 so a bit better then before.

What a great hunt in the place where your African experience all started. Some great and unique trophies: The black impala, golden wildebeest, ostrich. A terrific sable and nyala. Getting the oribi and blue duiker for your tiny ten collection was great. I really like your bushpig (I have a weird thing for porcine critters).
Nyala and bushpig will be on my list for my next safari. It sounds like I may just have to give Frontier Safaris some consideration.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
I may have missed it, but what bullet were you using in your .300 Win mag?

Excellent report and pictures! Thanks and congratulations.

Outstanding report, and some great animals taken. Congratulations. BTW, what brand/model of boots are you wearing?

Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing with us!

What a great hunt in the place where your African experience all started. Some great and unique trophies: The black impala, golden wildebeest, ostrich. A terrific sable and nyala. Getting the oribi and blue duiker for your tiny ten collection was great. I really like your bushpig (I have a weird thing for porcine critters).
Nyala and bushpig will be on my list for my next safari. It sounds like I may just have to give Frontier Safaris some consideration.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
I may have missed it, but what bullet were you using in your .300 Win mag?
Barnes 180g. I can not say enough about Barnes. This makes something like the 5th caliber I've done significant hunting with and they simply perform.
Philip

Outstanding report, and some great animals taken. Congratulations. BTW, what brand/model of boots are you wearing?
Lowa. I like them because they are lightweight and come in narrow widths. These boots were excellent for this type of hunt. I'll finish this post and gear list will be at the bottom.

Gear List:

Blaser R8, .300 Winchester Mag, 22” barrel
Thunderbeast Ultra 5 - .30 cal suppressor
180gr Barnes TTSX ammo
Swarovski EL Range binos (2021 model)
Rick Young Bino harness
Viperflex shooting sticks
Murray Leather shell carrier
Lowa Renegate GTX Mid hunting boots
Darn Tuff midweight full cushion sock
Pelican 2 gun case
Pelican 1615TRVL Air Travel Case
Pelican 1200 ammo case
5.11 Backpack and sling pack

Travel Report

We used TWG.travel for our travel arrangements. Thankfully we did because our Delta flight, ATL-JNB, was cancelled. A full travel report to come soon.

Fred going up to 28X with the Swaro Z8 to take a closer look.
IMG_5772.jpeg

IMG_5786.jpeg

The accommodations and the view were outstanding at Frontier's Masada Lodge.

Great hunt, great memories, congrats !

Congrats on what looks like a great hunt! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I like the white flanked impala, reminds me of a piebald deer a little bit.
Definitely a little different! They say variety is the spice of life.

Congrats on a great safari! Sounds like a place I would like to hunt someday. I’m glad you didn’t let any of the increased virus travel BS keep you from going! People need to keep living their lives and traveling. My hat’s off to you for some great shooting as well.

Oh envy! Another fine Philip Glass Africa adventure!
Congratulations!

Thank you for your report. I appreciate the educational aspects of your hunts. I always learn something. Keep up the good work and the good writing! Your friend Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross