SOUTH AFRICA: Elephant Hunt With Paw Print Safaris 2015

OK good news to report! We have a departure date! Happy Happy Happy! A belated Christmas is on it's way!

Just over four months, well done to Mike!

Yes sir Mike at Capricorn actually had them to the shipping agent the first week of December! He has done a nice job for me.
Capricorn Taxidermy out of Polokwane has always done great work for me.

Still waiting on Logwin Logistics to get room on SA airlines to ship. Seems the explanation now is that SAA has a backlog freight in their hub in Washington DC. Of course things are also closed down for the holidays in South Africa.
Charlie,
Your tusks and tail look fantastic, I'm very happy for you! There was a backup in Washington. My lioness was in Dulles on December 16th (less then 3 months after the hunt) and sat there for over two weeks. Shes finally in Chicago, cleared USFW and hopefully will be through Customs soon. Then she'll be heading to Dennis.
Mike

Best of luck Bruce on the hunt
Thanks, and I'll send a report and hopefully pics of the successful hunt... last year I never got the bull but had that mad attack/ charge by 4 x cows together, having to put down the leading cow eventually. So, going back to find that damn elephant bull and hope to find the cousin/ brother of that monster shot in the area in Oct 2015, with 120lbs a side!!!!!

Bruce if you find that big boys brother, cousin or dad you shoot straight now! When do you plan to go back?

Charlie,
Your tusks and tail look fantastic, I'm very happy for you! There was a backup in Washington. My lioness was in Dulles on December 16th (less then 3 months after the hunt) and sat there for over two weeks. Shes finally in Chicago, cleared USFW and hopefully will be through Customs soon. Then she'll be heading to Dennis.
Mike

Mike
I'm very hopefull that the stuff doesn't sit in Washington for two weeks! That pile up there is why they wouldn't ship them out of South Africa to begin with.

Bruce if you find that big boys brother, cousin or dad you shoot straight now! When do you plan to go back?
Charlie,
I'm hunting there from 20th Feb to 6th March... gotta get back to RSA as we moving into a new house from 7th March... keeping things tight!!

Best of luck to you on the hunt. Hope you get that really big one but most of all I hope you have a great hunting experience! I look forward to hearing your hunt report.

View attachment 49302
I thought I would share this picture and the thoughts going through my mind at the time! My trophy bull was very calm this early morning! The day before we had pushed him hard. His friends kept getting in the way and in fact one of them was aggressive! My bull had decided to leave
the area the evening before. I wasn't sure we would find him again. As we entered the hunting area our tracker signaled for the truck to stop. He got off the hood and walked down the side right past me. He was looking at foot prints that were BIG. Two times he said " This is your bull". I asked which way was he headed? He went there and the tracker pointed to our ten o'clock. So we drove the truck in that direction for less than 1/4 of a mile and we saw three elephants. Big elephants all bulls. There to the right was my bull from the day before. I had walked a long way the previous afternoon trying to get a shot on the big guy. Now here he was standing less than 100 yards from me. My heart jumped a beat or two when Pieter confirmed that's him......let's go get your elephant. We backed the truck back over the rise and parked. Everyone loaded up their rifles turned on the cameras and the stalk began. We walked back towards the elephants and the smaller of the three had moved off well over 150 yards to the left. My bull and his aggressive friend were maybe 75 yards apart and the target was closer to our group. The biggest thrill of my hunting life was about to happen.
I've posted many pictures of the my bull after the shot but here he stands in all his glory. Majestic in body size and appeal. I was excited but yet a sense of calm settled over me. I had practiced shooting the 416 and had played this out in my mind over and over. We set up for a shot but the bull moved slightly and we had to move again ourselves and reset. The day before audio from one of the videos clearly has my son saying " get him dad" " get him" but today he is silent. Everyone is hushed and intent on getting me the side brain shot.
Well you know the rest!

And here it is, the heart of the story. The planning, anticipation, practice and travel all culminating to the ultimate conclusion. Great adventure Charlie and thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

Got the Call Monday from D & L CHB telling me the tusks, tail and feet have now cleared customs and USFW......and they are on the way from Chicago! Remember the song ANTICiPATION?

Outstanding Charlie, you'll have them in your home before you know it. My lioness made it to Dennis, so shes at the tannery. I look forward to the photos you post after your trophy is home and displayed.
Regards,
Mike

Great news Charlie... exciting times !!!!!

image.jpg

Belated Christmas box delivered today!

:Stig::Greyalien:I wonder what could possible be inside!

Well it's from Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane South Africa. Wait a minute could this really be?????
...............wait for it............
image.jpg

I'm waiting

Did you stop for dinner Charlie???

Come on man!!!!

aaaannd????????ooopps!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!