Snakes in April

some kind of monitor lizard, hes sinister looking but harmless, same as our goannas, just spew and piss all over you ,if threatened.
6 footer is a big lizard.

@bluey is that because they have been drinking too much fosters? :whistle:
 
Glad to see the comments about the Lizard. My PH and I were walking through some trees and I front of us were these two at first we thought it was a fight but didn't think they were aggressive took the camera and got the pictures. The bigger one was at least 6 feet long.View attachment 39988
Can anyone tell what was going on?

either they have just shared a meal
about to scrap
or fornicate
did they hang around long , or go their separate ways
most reptile are happy in each others company
 
@bluey is that because they have been drinking too much fosters? :whistle:

what is it with fosters , mate
only foriegners drink that crap,
I truly don't know one aussie that drinks it ......
personally my self ,id rather drink out od a muddy puddle....

the spewing and pissing is some kind of defence meachanism . don't know why they do it
just know I don't want them doing it on me ....
my youngest son will play with them , I just look at them and we go our separate ways
 
Hunted North of Kimberley in Mid/Late May.... saw 2 snakes. 1 black mamba & 1 cape cobra. So if you are going in April, depending upon where.... certainly possible. However, don't let it wig you out. When I go back, I am going in early May. Good Luck!
 
bluey
either they have just shared a meal
about to scrap
or fornicate
did they hang around long , or go their separate ways
most reptile are happy in each others company

After taking a couple pictures we gave them a wide berth and continued hunting. They were still there when I looked back.
Bhfs300
 
I just ran into this puff adder last week in the Cape.

IMG_0270.jpg
 
what is it with fosters , mate
only foriegners drink that crap,
I truly don't know one aussie that drinks it ......
personally my self ,id rather drink out od a muddy puddle....

so knew you were going to say that as its standard aussie .......some :E Upside Down: must have drunk it to get it started off..........

the spewing and pissing is some kind of defence meachanism . don't know why they do it

thought you would as i always thought it was standard aussie procedure overseas.......:E Head Scratch:..........:E Rofl::E Lol::E Big Grin::D Beers::D Cheers:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,292
Members
169,334
Latest member
ElizabetSc
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top