Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Media
Member of
The Mule Deer Foundation, The Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation,Life Member N.R.A.,
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia,R.S.A.,Kyrgyzstan
Everytime I go to this Site and Click on anything It Freezes. It will load but takes Forever. I never have any problems anywhere else on the Net? Just this Site. Does anyone else Exsperience this?

For me it can be slow and I get the 'oops something went wrong' message occasionally. When it happens I re-boot my phone, sorts it out.

On my computer it seams alright but on my phone I wonder at times.

After all it is on African Time

ME TOO, I'M ON APPLE AND IT IS ONLY SITE THAT IS SOOOWW SLOOOWWW. I USUALLY CLICK ON A THREAD AND THEN GO TO A DIFFRENT PAGE WHILE IT LOADS.

I believe it is due to cookies in the browser. Be sure to close all the way out. If it is still open it loads a lot slower.

It's painfully slow. I doubt it's cookies. I have already gone through the clearing cache, cookies, and all info from two different browsers. Chrome and Edge do the same thing. I haven't tried a none chromium browser yet, but im going to try it next. Sometimes almost unusable. I'll click on something and then do something else on my phone and come back to what I hope is a fully loaded page. Any picture intensive thread, just forget about it. I don't even bother.

I agree. This site is slower to load than any other I visit.

Yes, it does occasionally. Seems like the site gets overloaded with use and then has to parcel when connecting. Short delays in connection or page loading has been common for a few weeks now.

I've found it slow recently but previously it's usually worked fine excepting an occasional glitch.

Funny you mention this; i have been thinking i should post the same question for the last several days. I noticed a substantial decline in the response time of this website starting about a week to 10 days ago. Every other site that I visited seemed to be fine, so i don't think the issue has been on my end. Perhaps @AfricaHunting.com could check in with the hosting provider on this.

Yes, it's slow and often times fails to load or takes a very long time to load. I've cleared cache, browser data, and cookies with some success, but it quickly reverts. I've also tried different browsers with limited success.

I'm an IT guy and one of my original certifications was focused on web servers, and based on the multiple comments in this thread, this definitely points to a server side issue. There are several different datapoints the hosting provider can troubleshoot, so I'd recommend opening a support case with them.

To their credit, this site is historically one of the better performing ones that I regularly visit, so this is definitely unusual.

It became slower for me once I started paying less to AT&T last fall for internet speed. Oh well, I just live with it. I am retired and have little or no need to truly work on a computer. Many of the other sites I use have not slowed, at least to the extent of AH.

What I've noticed is at times it doesn't like my VPN. Pause the VPN and it loads right up. Doesn't always happen, but sometimes...

I notice it loads much faster when it downloads in Chinese! No joke!

Thank you @Slider for starting this thread and bringing this issue here.

Thank you all for you input and sharing your experiences here with the site.

AH has indeed been experiencing loading issues for about 10 days and so I contacted the people handling the server and they did find a couple of minor issues which were resolved last week but it seems that there are still issues reading the comments here which I have brought today to the attention of the server hosting company. It seems that the high traffic along with the Googlebots and Bingbots are creating some of the overload issues.

We also did a major update to the site last week which may have caused some of you to be experiencing some down time during this process.

Please feel free to share any issues that you are having with the site at any time. I truly appreciate the feedback as you all access the site in various ways.

FIRST TIME IN A WHILE, MINE IS LOADING FASTER. GUESS JEROME CRACKIN THE WHIP ON EM WORKED. THANKS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross