Several Rifles to Sell

ftrovato

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada/Wyoming/Montana/South Dakota/Texas/New York/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland/Virginia
I'd like input from those of you that have made gun sales in the last year. What are the pros and cons of GunsAmerica, GunBroker, GunsInternational & yes AfricaHunting.com. I have several nice rifles from varmint to African large game. I have a local FFL Dealer that is convenient for shipping. I sold many guns years ago on GunsAmerica. But because it has been many years, I don't have a seller history which could make the start up of sales a bit slow. But I'm OK with that. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunbroker with the automatic tax and fees is making it not as seller/buyer friendly as it once was.
Gunsinternational seems to get the higher end clientele.

That said, forums are where I still try to sell first to avoid the additional fees.

I prefer selling here on AH.. you get a larger audience on GB.. but there are fees involved and they have made selling a bit of an administrative challenge of late that I'd prefer not deal with..

Here I know several of the fairly frequent buyers.. so I dont mind making them a good deal.. ultimately that comes back around and I end up getting a good deal on something I want to buy the next time around.. and if youre selling calibers common to hunting Africa/Europe/Elsewhere there tends to be a lot more appreciation and understanding of what you've got as opposed to other places (here everyone is going to understand a 300 H&H and how it is similar/different from a 300 WM... theyre going to appreciate why an "American" would have a 375 H&H and why they would want one.. etc)..

I tend to buy here more than elsewhere lately as well.. GB used to be my "go to" site for finding whatever it is I am looking for at a good price.. but lately Ive noticed a lot of stuff being listed for significantly higher than I think its probably worth (and then not selling).. it seems many of the people listing on GB think the market is inflated more than it is... and many of the buyers disagree..

The last 3 rifles I have purchased.. and the last 2 I have sold or traded.. have all been done here on AH..

Personally I would try to sell them on here or forums that I am on.

Other than that I'll just take them into a gun shop and put them on consignment.

Recently sold a rifle and 404Jeff Brass on GB. Those fees eat away at your money. I would try selling on forums first. I know I would if I had to do it all over again.

If we're talking hunting rifles, I'd try AH first. Or some other similar forum. GB works well, but as stated above, buyer has to pay fees and sales tax. Plus you also have to pay fees.
Gunsinternational is more of a classified type of site, but it's a set fee to list, no matter the price, unless that's changed. They also tend to be more high end guns than gunbroker.

I think I’m going to give guns international a whirl over the next month or so when I decide what it’s going. Just flat out of room. Wife keeps seeing guns show up and none going out. :)

I think I’m going to give guns international a whirl over the next month or so when I decide what it’s going. Just flat out of room. Wife keeps seeing guns show up and none going out. :)
In the spirit of hunter colleagueship, I will happily swing by and take the donation of all those extra ones taking up space that your wife gets mad about. Happy wife, happy life

I have sold several on here, gunbroker, and guns international. Gunbroker like everyone says is getting crazy with the tax thing unless you can have them message you first and make the deal offline. Guns international has a posting fee. Selling on here AH has been the easiest and least stressful

I prefer selling here on AH.. you get a larger audience on GB.. but there are fees involved and they have made selling a bit of an administrative challenge of late that I'd prefer not deal with..

Here I know several of the fairly frequent buyers.. so I dont mind making them a good deal.. ultimately that comes back around and I end up getting a good deal on something I want to buy the next time around.. and if youre selling calibers common to hunting Africa/Europe/Elsewhere there tends to be a lot more appreciation and understanding of what you've got as opposed to other places (here everyone is going to understand a 300 H&H and how it is similar/different from a 300 WM... theyre going to appreciate why an "American" would have a 375 H&H and why they would want one.. etc)..

I tend to buy here more than elsewhere lately as well.. GB used to be my "go to" site for finding whatever it is I am looking for at a good price.. but lately Ive noticed a lot of stuff being listed for significantly higher than I think its probably worth (and then not selling).. it seems many of the people listing on GB think the market is inflated more than it is... and many of the buyers disagree..

The last 3 rifles I have purchased.. and the last 2 I have sold or traded.. have all been done here on AH..
Great feedback and prospective. Thx!

I'd like input from those of you that have made gun sales in the last year. What are the pros and cons of GunsAmerica, GunBroker, GunsInternational & yes Africahunting.com. I have several nice rifles from varmint to African large game. I have a local FFL Dealer that is convenient for shipping. I sold many guns years ago on GunsAmerica. But because it has been many years, I don't have a seller history which could make the start up of sales a bit slow. But I'm OK with that. Thanks!
i’ve sold 95% of all my rifles here on AH. no fees, you know the sellers and buyers and your reputation matters versus fees, taxes and risk with other sites. i have always offered my rifles on AH first then after two weeks i go to Guns International. just me

One good thing about an auction site is you set your minimum bid and the listing basically takes care of itself.

On classified sites, you will get a lot of wheeler-dealer sorts that like to make lowball offers in hopes of flipping the item.

If I were going to sell several guns in a short period, I would use Gunbroker.

Is GA still a thing? Something is weird over there as every sales ad I look at is already sold. I don't use them at all anymore. GB is a pain these days. I don't like all of their fees. I sell here and on GI a lot. Between those 2 places and a few online forums that specialize (AR's, 1911's, etc), this covers all of my buying/selling needs.

Well give a few to me! Duh. Easy Peasy!

How about teasing us here on AH with the firearms you are considering on selling?
A couple of these will most likely go up for sale.
IMG_1624.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.