Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

7mm Mauser

Reaction score
Member of
SAJWV, SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa
I want to have the old safari experience.

Welcome to AH sir. I'm sure there will be someone on here who can offer an opinion.

Welcome! Hopefully someone can can help you out

Guys do you maybe know any quality outfitters in Tanzania? Prefferably in the Selous reserve.

Guys do you maybe know any quality outfitters in Tanzania? Prefferably in the Selous reserve.

hi a good friend of mine hunts with http://www.samarassafaris.com/ he is a member on here @Paddyc . he started a leopard hunt in zim 21st may so should be finished or nearly so by now. if you want i can pm you his email. cheers mike

I found Robin Hurt Safaris, so if anyone maybe has experience with them, please reply your recommendations.

I found Robin Hurt Safaris, so if anyone maybe has experience with them, please reply your recommendations.
I have not hunted with them, but they are long established and very well regarded.

I've heard good things about Tanzania but haven't partaken. I can tell you that there are many nice flycamps in Zimbabwe that would be very traditional.

Some examples:

Tuli Circle on the Shashe river touching the Botswana border in SW Zimbabwe. Very nice. North, South and Pakenham camp are all just what you're looking for.

In the north as part of the Mana Pools area you have Chewore, Nyakasunga, Sapi and other camps that are very much traditional fly camps.

In both cases, there is usually (but not always) a permanent toilet/shower room and a permanent lockable storage room for your food. Most have a concrete poured braai and little tiny shelters for the government game scouts. The only other amenities that you do want would be a skinning beam to take care of dressing the game and a lockable fenced area for salting your trophies.

The hunters and staff are all in traditional fly camp accommodations with these exceptions above and you'll not see any other structures (save maybe a water trough windmill every 15 miles of wilderness).

Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique all sound like they have the type of experience you're looking for in your safari. Happy hunting!

Here is the camp I hunt from in Selous
DSCN2507.jpg
DSCN2507.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XVMNiki914

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg